There is a problem with the USB storage device. Error Code: 160-0105.

gr3uh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I recently followed the homebrew guide on the Wii U hacks website and successfully installed the Tiramisu custom firmware (CFW) along with the Homebrew Launcher. I then utilized Wii U USB Helper to transfer my game to my SD card and installed it using WUP Installer GX2. The setup includes a USB SD card adapter with a 64GB SD card, which was formatted by the Wii U.

However, I've encountered an issue when attempting to play the game. This problem occurs with every Wii U game I've tried so far, as well as with GameCube injects, which randomly freeze during gameplay. Sometimes the game will load, but other times it won't load at all, and I'm immediately presented with an error screen stating, "There is a problem with the USB storage device. Error Code: 160-0105."

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue. I've already tried using every available slot on my Wii U for the SD card adapter, but the problem persists.

The SD card adapter I am using is this exact one:

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 372811

I recently followed the homebrew guide on the Wii U hacks website and successfully installed the Tiramisu custom firmware (CFW) along with the Homebrew Launcher. I then utilized Wii U USB Helper to transfer my game to my SD card and installed it using WUP Installer GX2. The setup includes a USB SD card adapter with a 64GB SD card, which was formatted by the Wii U.

However, I've encountered an issue when attempting to play the game. This problem occurs with every Wii U game I've tried so far, as well as with GameCube injects, which randomly freeze during gameplay. Sometimes the game will load, but other times it won't load at all, and I'm immediately presented with an error screen stating, "There is a problem with the USB storage device. Error Code: 160-0105."

I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue. I've already tried using every available slot on my Wii U for the SD card adapter, but the problem persists.

The SD card adapter I am using is this exact one:
Use a Y-Splitter usb cable needs more power

Reactions: gr3uh

gr3uh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usb sd card is likely the problem.
IMG_20230520_193303803_HDR.jpg

This is the Micro SD card I am using, I'm actually not sure if it's real now that I can't find any similar ones on Google... 🤔🤔

gr3uh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a flash drive. It requires an hdd.
Ok thanks for the reply! Could you direct me to the best one for the price that you have used before? Or just which size you recommend for using I'm going to try to play a lot of wiiU games and wii also so probably big enough..m

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the reply! Could you direct me to the best one for the price that you have used before? Or just which size you recommend for using I'm going to try to play a lot of wiiU games and wii also so probably big enough..m
1 or 2Tb, but you probably only need 1tb due to lack of good games. Wd elements is good

Reactions: jeannotte and gr3uh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls