• Start date
  • Views 805,699
  • Replies 1,173
  • Likes 98

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Turned on my Wii U yesterday, after several months in sleep. Just to see it at firmware 5.3.0.
Does the HBL support it?
if not supported upgrade to 5.3.2. from disk.....options are for euro.....splatoon.....yoshis woolly world ....kirby /paintbrush....amongst other's...

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,
Reactions: BothyBhoy

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't been able to do this:
All launched homebrew will automatically return to the launcher when exiting them.
Launching Miimaker will reload the Homebrew launcher, except with Loadiine which will reload loadiine. you need to exit loadiine (home button) to return to the homebrew launcher.

For some reason when I press the Home button from any game it prompts me to close Mii Maker, and when I go back to Mii Maker I get Loadiine.
Someone knows how I can do so?

What I want to do is be able to go back to the Homebrew Launcher when I press the Home Button while inside Loadiine.
(Note that I boot Loadiine from inside the HBL)

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to do this:

For some reason when I press the Home button from any game it prompts me to close Mii Maker, and when I go back to Mii Maker I get Loadiine.
Someone knows how I can do so?

What I want to do is be able to go back to the Homebrew Launcher when I press the Home Button while inside Loadiine.
(Note that I boot Loadiine from inside the HBL)
ATM, that is the way it works...
Internet Browser --> HBL --> Loadiine GX2 --> Game --> Exits To Mii Maker --> Mii Maker --> Exits To Home Menu --> Mii Maker --> Loadiine GX2 --> Exits To HBL ... (going to double-check this, but Cyan is probably correct)

It is more-likely this...
Internet Browser --> HBL --> Loadiine GX2 --> Game --> Exits To Home Menu --> Mii Maker --> Loadiine GX2 --> Exits To HBL --> Exits To Mii Maker

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
are you sure it's like this?
I thought exiting a game would just exit to the home menu, not to miimaker.
it's really prompting users to exit to miimaker? not just "return to home menu" ?
The game is not coded to prompt "return to miimaker", I find it strange that a game would suggest that.

the part you quoted is correct and doing what you explained.
All launched homebrew will automatically return to the launcher when exiting them.
Launching Miimaker will reload the Homebrew launcher, except with Loadiine which will reload loadiine. you need to exit loadiine (home button) to return to the homebrew launcher.
look : if you launch a homebrew, it exits back to the launcher

Exiting homebrew using the proper "exit" command :
Launcher -> ftpii -> exit > it reloads the homebrew launcher

If you are on the home menu (exiting homebrew launcher, and then exiting miimaker) :
launcher -> whatever you do -> back to home menu -> run miimaker manually to reload the homebrew launcher.

But launching miimaker is also what loadiine is using to reload loadiine, so if you just want to load another game you shouldn't return to the launcher but to loadiine.
So we made miimaker launch loadiine in priority :
launcher -> loadiine -> game -> exit to home menu -> run miimaker to reload loadiine

If you want to reload the launcher when you use loadiine, you need to "exit" while being inside loadiine, not inside the game:
> home menu -> run miimaker to reload loadiine > press home button to exit loadiine back to homebrew launcher

maybe it's the "launching miimaker" which is confusing ?
Should I add "from the home menu" ?
Launching miimaker from the main menu (while not inside an application) will reload the homebrew launcher.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's really prompting users to exit to miimaker? not just "return to home menu" ?
The game is not coded to prompt "return to miimaker", I find it strange that a game would suggest that.

the part you quoted is correct and doing what you explained.

look : if you launch a homebrew, it exits back to the launcher

Exiting homebrew using the proper "exit" command :
Launcher -> ftpii -> exit > it reloads the homebrew launcher

If you are on the home menu (exiting homebrew launcher, and then exiting miimaker) :
launcher -> whatever you do -> back to home menu -> run miimaker manually to reload the homebrew launcher.

But launching miimaker is also what loadiine is using to reload loadiine, so if you just want to load another game you shouldn't return to the launcher but to loadiine.
So we made miimaker launch loadiine in priority :
launcher -> loadiine -> game -> exit to home menu -> run miimaker to reload loadiine

If you want to reload the launcher when you use loadiine, you need to "exit" while being inside loadiine, not inside the game:
> home menu -> run miimaker to reload loadiine > press home button to exit loadiine back to homebrew launcher

maybe it's the "launching miimaker" which is confusing ?
Should I add "from the home menu" ?
Launching miimaker from the main menu (while not inside an application) will reload the homebrew launcher.
So pressing Home Button while playing a game from Loadiine from the HBL boots back to the Home Menu?
I thought that any app launched from the Homebrew Launcher would bring back to it after pressing the Home Button, but it seems like its similar to that of Wiiflow or USB Loader on the Wii, which prompts the normal options as if we were playing the actual game.

Although, it would be really helpful in general if Loadiine did bring us back to the HBL while playing a game..
I get freezes when trying to go back to the Home Menu after closing Loadiine/Mii Maker because I play modified VC titles (scale and resolution modified manually), it could come in handy there. :P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's like Wii USB Loaders, the games has the normal options.
On Wii, the games are patched to replace the "exit to system menu TitleID" to another TitleID (Usually a forwarder channel titleID).
There's currently no known way to patch WiiU games to do the same and reload miimaker directly instead of exiting the game.

Freeze when exiting to home menu can probably be fixed. I guess dimok didn't had time to take a look yet why Mario Kart 8 is freezing at exit too. it could be linked to your issue.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes, that's like Wii USB Loaders, the games has the normal options.
On Wii, the games are patched to replace the "exit to system menu TitleID" to another TitleID (Usually a forwarder channel titleID).
There's currently no known way to patch WiiU games to do the same and reload miimaker directly instead of exiting the game.

Freeze when exiting to home menu can probably be fixed. I guess dimok didn't had time to take a look yet why Mario Kart 8 is freezing at exit too. it could be linked to your issue.
If it helps on something, all DS VC games do the same thing if you change the Render Scale option to 2 instead of 1 in the config.json file.
So far those are the only ones that are making the Return to Home Menu option freeze on the looping Wii U logo.

Thanks for the reply! :)

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is not coded to prompt "return to miimaker", I find it strange that a game would suggest that...
Now that I'm thinking about it, you must be correct. I'll double-check when I get home, though.

It is more-likely this...
Internet Browser --> HBL --> Loadiine GX2 --> Game --> Exits To Home Menu --> Mii Maker --> Loadiine GX2 --> Exits To HBL --> Exits To Mii Maker

gbamix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ppl, i updated my icons with rounded corners:

304993-HomebrewLauncherU_white_v3.png
304995-loadiinegx2_v3.png
304997-loadiinegx2_v3padcon.png
305003-loadiinegx2_v4.png
304999-loadiinegx2_v4padcon.png

Last edited by gbamix,

gbamix

Trophies
XP
Country
Any plans on making the launcher theme-able? I'd love to make a System Settings-style theme.

I think it will be implemeted, but for now there are compiled theme:

JF Santos Jfsaints GX2 0.2 Themes:
Neutrality, Splatoon, Super Mario, Zelda.

Angel Mercader GX2 0.2 Theme:
Xenoblade.

edit:
download on Wii U en Facebook.

Last edited by gbamix,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it will be implemeted, but for now there are compiled theme:

JF Santos Jfsaints GX2 0.2 Themes:
Neutrality, Splatoon, Super Mario, Zelda.

Angel Mercader GX2 0.2 Theme:
Xenoblade.

edit:
download on Wii U en Facebook.
Those are GX2 themes, not Homebrew Launcher themes.
Not to mention they all look fucking disgusting.

Reactions: Kappcy

gbamix

Trophies
XP
Country
Those are GX2 themes, not Homebrew Launcher themes.
Not to mention they all look fucking disgusting.
Sorry, I misunderstood your question, but only Dimok or Cyan can answer about the this.

About the Themes: Tastes are not discussed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's currently not automatically loading the pictures from an external folder, you need to recompile the sources with the new pictures.
Maybe later it will be updated to use theme packs, or just loads pictures from a path.

There's a "data" folder with used images.
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/tree/master/data
There's currently two different themes (images and images2)
you need to put the wanted theme in the "images" folder and compile it.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's currently not automatically loading the pictures from an external folder, you need to recompile the sources with the new pictures.
Maybe later it will be updated to use theme packs, or just loads pictures from a path.

There's a "data" folder with used images.
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/tree/master/data
There's currently two different themes (images and images2)
you need to put the wanted theme in the "images" folder and compile it.
Loading pictures from the resources path is already implemented (I didnt test it though but it should work). The images are loaded from "sd/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/resources/" path.

To everyone who has issues with running homebrew launcher web browser link for the first time (in other words getting kexploit to run), you can also use any other kexploit method, even the one from libwiiu. The only thing required from the kexploit is that it maps the region 0x10000000 (not 0x31000000) to 0xa0000000. Just run the kernel exploit with some other source and then run the browser link for HBL. It will work the same.

Also:
Just wanted to inform everyone that support for firmware 4.0.0 and 4.1.0 was added to HBL as of now. @Nougat-Police added and tested it. He provided a pull request which is merged now. If you want to use it you will have to compile it yourself for now. Pre-compiled release will follow some time later.
https://github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/commit/ec89d8957024d2e00740165653a23508511b2f31

Last edited by dimok,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: