Hacking Homebrew Disc "channel"

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
SD cards wear out, some cheap ones very quickly too. Remember SD cards are flash memory.

Houses that have many people sharing could find this very useful as people can have precompiled collections of various things launched within seconds for the tiny cost of a DVD. Plus you can still keep you hbc and sd intact as it was before.

I think I'll use this by copying the kids roms, fave mp3s etc over to DVD. Rename the roms so they have unique save files on the usual sd card, and stop the kids fighting over save states and other nonsence
tongue.gif

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
@Slimmmmmm
The Wii self uses as well only Flash Memory
wink.gif

But yeah, dont worry, you will have to do traffic in regions of terabyte to exhaust the memory
tongue.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
gundalf said:
@Slimmmmmm
The Wii self uses as well only Flash Memory
wink.gif

But yeah, dont worry, you will have to do traffic in regions of terabyte to exhaust the memory
tongue.gif

I know that, and my SD cards are all quality official too, so I will have no probs for a hundred years or so, however some people can't resist cheap huge cards that can be dead within a year without really over using.

The point I was making, well the "use" I can see from this app for myself will be to quickly make a couple DVDS for the kids that would allow them unique saves per game. I see other good uses but this one use will save me some agro...
I like to make things custom and this will allow for more customisation, quickly and easy as burning a disc.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is that applications which uses files on the SD Card, will not work.
So you can forget Emulators and that stuff.
But if would work all that stuff... damn i would make an nice emulator/rom (and Doom/ScummVM) Collection =)

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't gotten this to work as of yet... I think it was because I am using the +joliet in the iso as well.. I am about to try it differently and will post the results for the SNES w/ roms on dvd...wish me luck or I will have one more coaster... hehe

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
im thinking about making a dvd for noobs with all emulators (NO roms), gamma, softchip, cios, patchmii, mplayer,geexbox, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't forget your one a day