OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Homebrew Disc Channel

Using the Homebrew Disc Channel, you can load homebrew programs from regular ISO9660 DVDs. It supports (sub)directories.

Note: the name Homebrew Disc Channel is actually wrong; the program was intended as either an add-on to the Wii Disc Channel or a separate channel, but due to the fact that BootMii will need a SD card to load, turning this program into anything other than a regular homebrew program will be useless in a couple of months.

Requirements

Some way to run homebrew
DVDx

Usage

Rename programs to boot.dol and put them in separate (sub)directories on the DVD.
Burn as ISO9660 DVD.
Put disc in console and start program.
Follow on-screen instructions.

Todo

Support for (parts of) meta.xml, to show friendly program names
Graphical interface?
Change Name

i found this on wiibrew.

Anyone tested this yet? and if the guy says burn as iso9660 is that only iso9660 or iso9660+joliet? cause if you burn as iso9660 only then the names of the files are changed, and i think the programs will not work anymore...

edit: wiishizzza channel version can be downloaded here
edit: Gundalf channel version can be downloaded here

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
hey FGOD, i posted this not long ago in homebrew section
tongue.gif
i cant see the point in this, when we have SDHC SD Cards, why would we have hundreds of applications on DVD that we wont use??
also decent applications like emulators etc have DVD support, so i think it pretty pointless in some ways* hmmm
dry.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
to be honest mate, iv'e not tried, the only hope im wanting is for when psx, n64 emulator gets polished, and can load good from usb, DVD, SDHC dont need DVD to be honest..

All emulators like snes, etc all are tiny roms anyway, mind you VBA and genesis, some of the roms are quite big on them, but we have SDHC anyway, i cant really see the point, only DVD is required for psx and wii64
tongue.gif

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
Problem with this you can't update your disk, once its written. I can't see any advantage in this. Please correct me if you can.
unsure.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patryc said:
Problem with this you can't update your disk, once its written. I can't see any advantage in this. Please correct me if you can.
unsure.gif

some people just like using discs....I've actually been waiting for this for a while.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: