Homebrew Homebrew Development

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a nice addition to my library. Added a simulator framework. This way you can run the game on the PC while debugging and it will simulate (not emulate) the 3DS hardware drawing/input events. As long as library objects are used, it's safe to compile to the ARM9 ROP payload for the 3DS. If you code any additional hardware access yourself, it can't be simulated obviously, but you could fairly easily add a simulator implementation as well for any extra features you may need.

Had to add this feature since it's a pain in the ass to keep copying files over to the SD card to test minor game tweaks. Plus I have it set up with GDB for debugging! Now it's just a shame I only have limited ARM11 access and no proper userland environment. But in time... and I see Smea is researching shader stuff. Looking forward to implementing some 3D stuff.

Here's a screenshot of this source compile to a self-contained simulator executable using "make sim" (pretty simple)
https://github.com/cpp3ds/cpp3ds/blob/master/examples/gateway/src/gateway.cpp

The Makefile: https://github.com/cpp3ds/cpp3ds/blob/master/examples/gateway/Makefile

KRyMYxA.png

Reactions: t377y000 and redact

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be more like a port of SFML. But I'm adding some generic gaming objects too, kinda like those in libgdx.

But I'm unable to do much anyways with what's available. When the information is available, doing a direct port of SDL won't be too hard.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Code it yourself. If you can't, than probably couldn't use them anyway.

It looks like few men digging in the ground and aa lot more with a bottle of beer in hand shouting 'Hurry up, we need oil for ours cars!'

Sorry, no oil searching here. We are planting a tree.

Reactions: Roxas75 and PewnyPL

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
C'mon man ! send us all files including the ''prohibited'' files! there's nothing to fear ! thank you in advance

The "prohibited" files are like a step away if you understand what i uploaded and if you don't understand that you wouldnt know what to do with them anyway.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code it yourself. If you can't, than probably couldn't use them anyway.

It looks like few men digging in the ground and aa lot more with a bottle of beer in hand shouting 'Hurry up, we need oil for ours cars!'

Sorry, no oil searching here. We are planting a tree.

I can't but let's see what you can do with it !

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
good luck dude ! looking forward for homebrew, i mean :real browser, video player without time limit....

I would love a web browser that actually takes advantage of all the RAM available. Mostly for prons, though. What else do you use the web browser for? Looking up things related to games? Pshh...

am i just dreaming ?

Right now, yeah. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1