Homebrew Homebrew Development

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if there is any FTP homebrew available in CIA.
Maybe with not a GUI, but at least something cool like the JKSM menu (I want something easy to navigate).
I don't want use the official transfer data management.

All I want transfer are tiny files, like savegames, not .CIA files.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you!

I wonder if there is any FTP homebrew available in CIA.
Maybe with not a GUI, but at least something cool like the JKSM menu (I want something easy to navigate).
I don't want use the official transfer data management.

All I want transfer are tiny files, like savegames, not .CIA files.
Have you tried this? https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases

Reactions: Asia81

Anonamous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to compile GBARunner2 and everytime I type in make in CMD it outputs this

"
C:\Users\MyName\Downloads\GBARunner2>make
make -C arm7
make: make: Command not found
make: *** [arm7/GBARunner2.elf] Error 127

C:\Users\MyName\Downloads\GBARunner2>
"

Does anybody have any clue as to why it is doing this?

EDIT: It appears adding "
export DEVKITPRO = /c/devkitPro
export DEVKITARM = /c/devkitPro/devkitARM"
to the top of the makefile resolved this issue.

Last edited by Anonamous,

KurisuKuronoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can I add a library to my project? Most of them don't provide instructions on how to add them.

I'm trying to link Caelina to my project. I've successfully installed devkitPro to my machine and I am able to create and build projects with it, with a Makefile I got from a template. I've attached my Makefile below (and added the .txt extension).

Some background about my programming experience:
  • I'm not familiar with makefiles. I'm using one from a template I downloaded now and I can read and mostly understand it, but I can't make one myself from scratch.
  • I am able to link libraries installed in Linux, like GTK, to my C++ projects.
  • I am familiar with Java and the gradle build system.
  • I am able to create 2D games with Java.
  • I know basic level C++
  • I am using 64-bit Linux
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Makefile.txt
    9.2 KB · Views: 220

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How can I add a library to my project? Most of them don't provide instructions on how to add them.

I'm trying to link Caelina to my project. I've successfully installed devkitPro to my machine and I am able to create and build projects with it, with a Makefile I got from a template. I've attached my Makefile below (and added the .txt extension).

Some background about my programming experience:
  • I'm not familiar with makefiles. I'm using one from a template I downloaded now and I can read and mostly understand it, but I can't make one myself from scratch.
  • I am able to link libraries installed in Linux, like GTK, to my C++ projects.
  • I am familiar with Java and the gradle build system.
  • I am able to create 2D games with Java.
  • I know basic level C++
  • I am using 64-bit Linux
Thanks in advance!
If you installed caelina and it's prerequisite libs, you have tio add -lcaelina to your libs variable, that in your makegile is at row 63:

LIBS := -lctru -lm

looking at the examples in caelina source, probably you have to add -lGL too, so it will look like:

LIBS := -lcaelina -lGL -lctru -lm

remember that the order matters.

Last edited by nop90,

KurisuKuronoa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you installed caelina and it's prerequisite libs, you have tio add -lcaelina to your libs variable, that in your makegile is at row 63:

LIBS := -lctru -lm

looking at the examples in caelina source, probably you have to add -lGL too, so it will look like:

LIBS := -lcaelina -lGL -lctru -lm

remember that the order matters.
It still doesn't work. I added the lines in the Makefile and dropped the libcaelina.a, libGL.a and libGLESv1.a to the ./libs folder. When I try to compile the project now, it gives an error at
Code:
#include "GL/gl.h"
Code:
source/main.cpp:4 fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory

EDIT: that's working after I added all files from the include folder of the Caelina release archive into the ./include folder of my project.
Now I'm getting the error "Cannot find -lcaelina" and "Cannot find -lGL" from Make.

I've attached my project structure in the attachments.

Attachments

• structure.png
    structure.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by KurisuKuronoa,

Master_Jorn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
masterjorn222.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of this thread it to help with homebrew development by centralizing all progress, and having a place to discuss development.

Getting started: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_Homebrew_Development

You can find a list of current released 3DS homebrew on Wikitemp.
If one is missing, feel free to add it to maintain a list of existing releases.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/List_of_3DS_homebrew

Examples of released homebrew:

Rop Loaders

fierce waffle's ROP Loader

Alternate Rop Installer

Rop Multi-loader(use this one)

Development

fierce waffle's RAM dumper

Python Tools for 3DS

3DS_Homebrew_Stuff2

Modified build.py for GNU/Linux

ctrulib

Homebrew

BlargSnes

3DNES

Mandelbrot homebrew

nop90's 3DS_Homebrew

homebrew screen test

yeti3DS
Ya, I love homebrew! But I can't seem to find any "Excellent" ones. Any quake ports?

D

Deleted User

Is there any way to use websockets on the 3DS with SSL? I know that the 3DS has built-in Socket and SSL services, but is there any way to maintain a websocket connection using these? If not, are there any available libraries that might support cross-compilation on the 3DS?

maxGREGSZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
How would I remove auto exit from an app want to make the input redirection cia work with mode 3 but the auto exit causes a reboot. I've tested with dev2 using the config menu and it works fine it looks like the only thing that needs changing is getting rid of auto exit and making it an extended memory title.

Last edited by maxGREGSZ,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Can someone link me a (noob friendly) set up of romfs and stuff for making a .cia? I used those build tools to create the .cia but it only works if you have the resources in 3ds (the same as the 3dsx) folder and I was wondering how do I package all the resources (graphics and audio) in the cia. Any idea?

Last edited by Manurocker95,

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone link me a (noob friendly) set up of romfs and stuff for making a .cia? I used those build tools to create the .cia but it only works if you have the resources in 3ds (the same as the 3dsx) folder and I was wondering how do I package all the resources (graphics and audio) in the cia. Any idea?
There is a sample of romfs use the devkitarm examples on github, or you can copy from one of the many homebrews using it (mine for example).

It's very simple, you have to call romfsInit() at the beginning of your code, and romfsExit() before exiting.

Than you have to put all your data files in a folder that will be the root of your romfs archive (I use to name it "data" in my project structure, but you can use any other name); inside it you can have files organized in subfolder, and you can load them with usual file IO functions adding romfs:/ at the beginning of the file path.

Then you have to use a makefile that can build a romfs (again use an example of 3ds homebrew on github), and it's done.

To build a cia, you have to specify that you vant to use the romfs service in the rsf file (for this too copy from an homebrew example)

PS: remember that romfs is case sensitive

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
There is a sample of romfs use the devkitarm examples on github, or you can copy from one of the many homebrews using it (mine for example).

It's very simple, you have to call romfsInit() at the beginning of your code, and romfsExit() before exiting.

Than you have to put all your data files in a folder that will be the root of your romfs archive (I use to name it "data" in my project structure, but you can use any other name); inside it you can have files organized in subfolder, and you can load them with usual file IO functions adding romfs:/ at the beginning of the file path.

Then you have to use a makefile that can build a romfs (again use an example of 3ds homebrew on github), and it's done.

To build a cia, you have to specify that you vant to use the romfs service in the rsf file (for this too copy from an homebrew example)

PS: remember that romfs is case sensitive

I used a template for .rfs, but I can't find a hb example able to build romfs into cia. Can you send me a link or gimme an idea?

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
In my signature there are the links to all my released games. All the latest releases use romfs (POWDER 3DS for example)
Copied the rfs and makefile from Powder3ds and edited them for using my files (And data) but the .cia created doesn't have the resources included. How do I include them?

Last edited by Manurocker95,

ismails890

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody know how to play legit cias on ver. 11.3 non-CFW'd, homebrewed o3ds? I'd downloaded a few if them in ver 11.2, and I got a copy of that sd card? Can somebody help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)