Homebrew Bounty 2011: Results & Winners

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Pate

Pate GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2010
    Finland
    Wow, what an overwhelmingly nice surprise to see my project at the top of the list! Huge thanks to everyone who voted for DSx86 (and DS2x86), I am quite humbled by your interest and support!

Also my greetings to all the other winners and participants (and of course organizers and donators!) for this event! Too bad it is over, it was quite fun to take part, and it was a big motivation boost to keep working on my projects.

Thanks also to all of you who have tested DSx86 and DS2x86 and sent me the debug logs and other information, without your help I doubt I would have won this prize.

Now I gotta figure out the best use for the prize money! :-)

Pate

2. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    I'd say, put the DS(2)x86 work on hold and go for a vacation for a week [​IMG]

3. pistone

pistone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2010
    Albania
    in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
    congratulations to all winners !!!
    also a special thnx for all the participants on the bounty !!
    you all have done a great job [​IMG]

4. TheDreamLord

TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 8, 2011
    Ireland
    COngrats to all u winners! Ur epic [​IMG] I loved messing with all this

5. MaxNuker

MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Mar 21, 2011
    Portugal
    Congratulations Everyone!!!! Now GO BUY 3DS AND START DEVELOPING! xD

Now talking truthly, you deserved it! The homebrews are all amazing, I tested them and i must say i enjoy them very much!

6. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

Apr 10, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere near monkat
    wow, i've got to get busy checking out some of these homebrew, and looks like it had a pretty good turnout, but i'm kinda sad that alekmaul won his 100th spot instead of iMenu sneaking in on the DSTWO homebrew section

regardless, congratz to everyone, keep making your awesome crap

7. funem

funem Retro Powered..

Nov 4, 2006
    out of nowhere....
    Congrats to all the winners, nice to see such quality software being produced. Well done to everyone else.

Best $15 I ever spent.

8. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Congrats to everyone! This was an interesting competition and sparked my interest quite fast [​IMG]

Keep up the good work!

-Qtis

9. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Congratulations to all the winners! [​IMG]
    Also, yay! I am glad to see BAGPlug won!

10. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    Congratulations to all winners.

Warmest wishes from your badass axew fan

11. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Congratulations all! I had real trouble deciding who to vote for, some wonderful entries this year!

12. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    The only thing that bothers me is that
    (1) 3 emulators in the same section
    (2) 2 emulators for the same machine in different sections by the same coder

I'm not bitter though, congrats everyone.

13. BassAceGold

BassAceGold Testicles

Aug 14, 2006
    Canada
    Wow the difference between first and second in the DSTwo category is brutally close. To think if I had not entered that Nyan cat for DSTwo, it could have easily swayed to a 4 point lead for DS2x86 or maybe could have put iMenu into 3rd.

Regardless of my position, I'm shocked at how well BAGplug has been adopted by the DSTwo users. BAGplug had a very low user base in release 1.0 but then exponentially grew after release 2.0. I like to attribute that to the new skin I created for the release (first release had a horrible skin, but I'm no artists), for without it, no one would even care about the amount of features included. [​IMG]

I'm not sure exactly how many people are using BAGplug now, whatever the number, it is way higher than I could ever imagine. I'm happy to have created a product that happens to fulfill the needs and wants of a menu for so many people.

For that, I just want to say thank you to all the members who have provided feedback (good and negative) for the project, without it, BAGplug would not be the way it is today. Also thanks to the users (mentioned in first post of BAGplug thread) who contributed icons and box art for various systems and homebrew, if everyone had to make their own visual content, BAGplug probably wouldn't be as popular as it is.

14. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Congratz to all winners.

lol, that was close. What if both entries would have recieved equal points? I would made DESCENT No. 1 because unlike ModMii it's a real Wii homebrew application, compiled with devkitPPC/libogc and not just a compilation of tools from others with a batch script. Nonetheless ModMii is still one of the best things happend to the Wii scene, special congratz to XFlak.

15. alekmaul

alekmaul GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    France
    Blois
    Hi Everyone,
    I was very surprised about results and also very happy.
    I know it's only emulators but my goal was to allow DS-i users with iEvo to use them.
    As as said previously, i will continue to port uems to DS-i and Ds and DSTwo of course.
    I will also continue to do some games for DS/DSi.

For example, here is my todo list for next months :
    - Mame4All with Neogeo support (only few games due to memory pb) and bug fixing
    - A5200 with better analog joystick support
    - ColecoDS with DSi support

- Some new games for another compo perhaps ... ;-)

Congratulations for all people who participate to this bounty and thanks again for the prizes.

See you for the next bounty !

16. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Fantastic initiative from GBAtemp, as usual they really think about the community and can offer some worthwhile prizes. I think the winners are actually more happy with winning money (and lots of it!) than winning some material things like flashcards.

17. sulfyr

sulfyr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2010
    Congratulations to all the winners.

And to the judges.. Thx for the 3 votes.
    I guess you liked the menu or something, cause as far as I can tell you haven't played the game.
    TanksDS is currently only playable online and all servers are registered in a database.
    As far as I can tell no servers have been registered since May 24th when I finished developing.
    I put a lot of effort into this. You could at least have tested it properly.

Also rofl at 2x source ripped Atari emulators.

And if I sound butt hurt it’s because I put an insane amount of effort into debugging the network protocol.

18. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    congrats to all the winners!

imo, xflak and giantpune made the biggest contributions for the Wii despite their being PC apps. you guys have modded/fixed a lot of wiis!

19. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Mar 7, 2006
    Giantpune should've deserved a prize too. His nand creator PC Utility is really helpful. I thought for sure it was going to be mentioned there (I mean in the first three places).

20. knightFox

knightFox Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2007
    Barcelona, Spain
    Congrats to all Winners. Was a realy hard to win compo!