Hacking Home Menu Hangs after updating to 11.4

dark_sol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I updated my emunand to 11.4 (using reinand CFW) and now the home menu hangs whenever I start any application. Its been a while since I last messed with my 3DS and for the life of me cannot figure out what went wrong. Would appreciate any help!

trashfloozy

Barely learning
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my emunand to 11.4 (using reinand CFW) and now the home menu hangs whenever I start any application. Its been a while since I last messed with my 3DS and for the life of me cannot figure out what went wrong. Would appreciate any help!
Perhaps... Update A9LH itself?

dark_sol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have A9LH...my n3DS is on 9.2.0, I've just been using emunand rather than dealing with setting up A9LH.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Are you using the latest version of ReiNAND and did you update firmware.bin?

Reactions: dark_sol

dark_sol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, I should have set up a9hl a long time ago. Is there anyway for me to set it up now without losing my saves?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using the latest version of ReiNAND and did you update firmware.bin?
No, I didnt use the latest version when I updated. Also not sure how to update firmware.bin.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I agree, I should have set up a9hl a long time ago. Is there anyway for me to set it up now without losing my saves?

No, I didnt use the latest version when I updated. Also not sure how to update firmware.bin.
You need the latest ReiNAND version for 11.4 support. If you updated it before and used it successfully with 11.3 then you probably have the latest version, as there hasn't been a new update for 11.4.
The firmware.bin is on the github in the data folder and usually needs to be updated whenever there's a new firmware update.

You won't lose anything from switching to A9LH. Just follow http://3ds.guide exactly, making sure not to skip any steps.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least @The Real Jdbye is actually giving legitimate suggestions vs just telling people to use A9LH instead. One, A9LH is not always a solution, that would depend on the problem and what's causing it. Two, there are other setups that are more or less current in tandem. Emunand is not dead (anyone who uses Gateway knows this) and neither is Reinand. If you're only going to blindly say "Install A9LH" without further thought, just keep scrolling. Some people just don't want to, accept it and move on.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Well at least @The Real Jdbye is actually giving legitimate suggestions vs just telling people to use A9LH instead. One, A9LH is not always a solution, that would depend on the problem and what's causing it. Two, there are other setups that are more or less current in tandem. Emunand is not dead (anyone who uses Gateway knows this) and neither is Reinand. If you're only going to blindly say "Install A9LH" without further thought, just keep scrolling. Some people just don't want to, accept it and move on.
He never said he didn't really want to use it

Reactions: Deleted User

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He never said he didn't really want to use it
I realize that, but he never responded one way or the other if he was going to, just said he should have so it's irrelevant. I was just saying, offer troubleshooting for their current setup first if it exists, and then suggest additional steps like installing A9LH for them to consider to avoid issues later. I'm not going to have someone bring me a 1999 Sentra and tell them it would just be easier to buy a new car when that one is still relevant and repairable. If their setup was outdated then yeah, I'd suggest A9LH but it isn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice