Homebrew HOLY CRAP HAX 2.5 IS OUT!!!

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not clear?
There isn't any overclocking being done at all. The device is designed to operate at those speeds.

It might require some piracy for now, but the hax doesn't actually enable piracy by playing the downloaded games directly on your 3DS like that. :P

You could download a rom of whatever game you want and get the romfs file from it for rom hacks, but 2.5 won't allow you to play it unless you bought the game legally.

I understand that the n3ds has higher clock and the 2.5 hax enables that. But why did it stay downgraded?

Something else, can you tell me how to get romfs? Is it the xoprpads generated with cfw?

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that the n3ds has higher clock and the 2.5 hax enables that. But why did it stay downgraded?

Something else, can you tell me how to get romfs? Is it the xoprpads generated with cfw?
Nintendo decided it would be easier to just underclock the n3ds when playing games that dont have any n3ds enhancement then to update them. There is some issue with the some game that rely on the cpu for timing when playing with a higher cpu clock speed. Or so I heard.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably a noob question, but after updating I run the themehax installer and I get the http error. I downloaded a new ropfile and everything. Redownloaded it after failing to verify it's hash. Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here. Can't install themes, Can't even download themehax to install it and can't spoof in game dlc. I be happy when all these are fit. Emulators I can wait to get fix.

D

Deleted-236924

Nintendo decided it would be easier to just underclock the n3ds when playing games that dont have any n3ds enhancement then to update them. There is some issue with the some game that rely on the cpu for timing when playing with a higher cpu clock speed. Or so I heard.

I thought it was because they wanted people to have better battery life, so they downclocked it cause the games could run properly on regular 3DS clock speed, and it gives a pretty big boost to battery life compared to running full speed all the time when it's not completely needed.

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was because they wanted people to have better battery life, so they downclocked it cause the games could run properly on regular 3DS clock speed, and it gives a pretty big boost to battery life compared to running full speed all the time when it's not completely needed.
Eh that is would be another point that made them downgrade I guess.

NodePoint

  
Trophies
that was a lie -- actually somewhere in europe
XP
Country
United States
HANS has some interesting effects on applications.

Using HANS on IronFall and then using IronHax would cause the boot to hang, probably because of it already running and it isn't unsetting it or whatever.

Selecting settings and going to 'system update' would make the 3DS hang. You can get off by doing the key combo a few times.
Software Management would keep on loading and pressing back would make it so that only the settings background would show with a disabled back button, and it would also freeze.

Press D-PAD-Left once and it'll show '???' as a package. Accessible in a way but it doesn't seem to load anything. Key combo works.
Twice? E-shop shows up. Keep pressing the left key and it'll end up on the other side of the list.

In Download Mode, pressing 'Nintendo DS' would make the screens go black. Again, key combo can still be used.

Nintendo 3DS sound, music would loop within around 200ms, shuffle a bit further, loop the shuffled-to part. This is when it comes to music and not the audio recordings.

StreetPass Mii Plaza fails to load (black screen).

Nintendo Network ID settings goes to black screen when pressing the 'go back to settings' button.

Something worth noting. At times, when doing the key combo, the 3DS can freeze and be stuck with a yellow bottom screen. Actually, this is the case for when actually booting into the homebrew menu via an entrypoint at times.

I know a lot of these aren't really relevant to how HANS should be used, but it could link to something.

So far, it looks like some of the issues here are to do with the 3DS changing firmware modes. Some can be to do with SD card access.

Last edited by NodePoint,

NodePoint

  
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So they never heard of CPU throttling?

NodePoint

  
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got offline themehax to work. From there I can install themes. So.. two problems kind of solved. Lol
Little problem there. If you install a custom theme, ThemeHax would be overwritten. If you really want a custom theme and ThemeHax then you'll need to compile ThemeHax with a custom theme of your choice.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little problem there. If you install a custom theme, ThemeHax would be overwritten. If you really want a custom theme and ThemeHax then you'll need to compile ThemeHax with a custom theme of your choice.
Seems like too much trouble, especially with multiple themes.

How do you do that?
Used Ironhax 2.5 to install themehax 2.1 offline from another thread. You can set shuffle themes, but of course you need to install themehax again, if you want to change the themes again.

Last edited by KingVamp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA