Homebrew HOLY CRAP HAX 2.5 IS OUT!!!

BejittoSSJ5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to 10.2 without installing the 10.2 Ironhax exploit, what options do I have to access the HBC so I can install that?

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if overclocking has any negative effects on the n3ds...
It will use more battery and maybe slowly damage some hardware but it should have no long term effect or even any as it is basically is running in n3ds mode and not under clocking itself when running game that are not n3ds enhanced

D

Deleted-236924

I wonder if overclocking has any negative effects on the n3ds...
It would not because you aren't actually overclocking it. It was simply underclocked to begin with when playing regular 3DS games.

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
It will use more battery and maybe slowly damage some hardware but it should have no long term effect or even any as it is basically is running in n3ds mode and not under clocking itself when running game that are not n3ds enhanced

Then I guess it's better to be safe than sorry...
Overclocking isn't a huge must be anyway

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be safe like I said since it is not overclocking itself, its just running as normal instead of under clocking itself. The only real danger is you might glitch up your game while running game normally meant for o3ds while running in n3ds mode.

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
It would not because you aren't actually overclocking it. It was simply underclocked to begin with when playing regular 3DS games.

While what you're saying does make sense, It's still not clear unless there is a hardware test

HexZyle

Pretty Petty Pedant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't listen to the guy with the tinfoil hat.
It's like owning a top-end gaming rig but only using it to play games on their minimum settings. Turning the game's graphics up isn't going to kill the computer any faster than it normally would.

You'll use more power, yes, but the 3DS isn't going to burn itself into a puddle of plastic because it doesn't operate anywhere near the temperature that a computer does (or even the phones these days: going flat out they can get pretty smokin')

Last edited by HexZyle,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

N0n@me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While what you're saying does make sense, It's still not clear unless there is a hardware test
Probably but there is no real way to tell since the most notable difference is the battery and any other (if there is any)hardware issue wont show up into a lot later.

Reactions: Seita

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, what is the likelihood that Nintendo will somehow patch the eShop spoofer app? It's pretty darn awesome and works well for me (I don't have to use the HANS workaround that others have posted), but I'm curious if there's any likelihood that Nintendo can patch it.

Also hoping we can see some ROM hack tutorials soon or smea offers a way to dump code from a physical cartridge. From my understanding you can only really create hacks if you have a cia build of a game and you're under 9.2, or if you have the cia on your computer with the appropriate tools. I know smealum wishes to discourage piracy, but in my case I can't really see how I can hack the game without doing some form of pirating (since I'd need to the cia to do what I want, I'm stuck with a physical copy, and I'm above 9.2), or nag somebody to death in hopes they'll do the one thing I want them to do.

D

Deleted-236924

It's not clear?
There isn't any overclocking being done at all. The device is designed to operate at those speeds.

Out of curiosity, what is the likelihood that Nintendo will somehow patch the eShop spoofer app? It's pretty darn awesome and works well for me (I don't have to use the HANS workaround that others have posted), but I'm curious if there's any likelihood that Nintendo can patch it.

Also hoping we can see some ROM hack tutorials soon or smea offers a way to dump code from a physical cartridge. From my understanding you can only really create hacks if you have a cia build of a game and you're under 9.2, or if you have the cia on your computer with the appropriate tools. I know smealum wishes to discourage piracy, but in my case I can't really see how I can hack the game without doing some form of pirating (since I'd need to the cia to do what I want, I'm stuck with a physical copy, and I'm above 9.2), or nag somebody to death in hopes they'll do the one thing I want them to do.
It might require some piracy for now, but the hax doesn't actually enable piracy by playing the downloaded games directly on your 3DS like that. :P

You could download a rom of whatever game you want and get the romfs file from it for rom hacks, but 2.5 won't allow you to play it unless you bought the game legally.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3hDNXE0v8kU?si=zv2Un2_GGG7vprdd