Hacking Hm, Long time since touched the Wii, need some help.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi,
Got a Wii with I think 3.3E, the first 3.3E version.
It's been a long time since I touched the Wii, and I want to start playing it.
However, I would like to know of any new protections and/or problems, and I would like to know how to install Homebrew channel, with Twilight hack.
Any help, thanks in advance :>
BTW, are there any risks of installing the Homebrew channel and using it, and ofc, installing channels such as WiiWare and VC.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Boolbla said:
Hi,
Got a Wii with I think 3.3E, the first 3.3E version.
It's been a long time since I touched the Wii, and I want to start playing it.
However, I would like to know of any new protections and/or problems, and I would like to know how to install Homebrew channel, with Twilight hack.
Any help, thanks in advance :>
BTW, are there any risks of installing the Homebrew channel and using it, and ofc, installing channels such as WiiWare and VC.
Thanks in advance for any help.
I just used this guide to install the twighlight hack/homebrew channel 1/2 an hour ago http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=120338 It was the simplest and most recent guide I could see.
And it is written for the non geek

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
LAWL nice, thanks :>
btw, do you happen to know where can I download all of the necessary files to hack the Wii?
(The Twilight Hack save, Homebrew Channel, Homebrew Browser, etc?)
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, help the newbie
biggrin.gif

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Boolbla said:
LAWL nice, thanks :>
btw, do you happen to know where can I download all of the necessary files to hack the Wii?
(The Twilight Hack save, Homebrew Channel, Homebrew Browser, etc?)
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, help the newbie
biggrin.gif
Yes if you click on the link I gave you there is a link within it http://www.wiiguide.co.cc/
Click on that. The whole guide is repeated again plus at the very top of the page it has 'DOWNLOAD AOI KIT'
I have successfully played a back up of High School Music Senior Dance just now using that guide. The others were to techy.
Incidentally the game is really bad.
ph34r.gif

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boolbla said:
Another newbie question ^^
hm, the backup launcher is a homebrew to run a burned game without an update on it? from all regions?
:>

Seriously, there are stickied topics and loads of how-to's on this board. Is it really that hard to read, take notes, etc?

Edit: Sorry for being an ass, but it's like every other thread is how do i do this? and how can i do that?

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Boolbla said:
hm, the backup launcher is a homebrew to run a burned game without an update on it? from all regions?
I think so when I played the burned back up game I first clicked on where the game should appear in the top left corner of the wii screen to see what would happen. It just said Wii cannot read disc..
So then I clicked on 'backup launcher' in another square on the Wii screen and and started the game from in there.
I'm not sure if you can play games from other regions with this particular launcher.
Perhaps post in his thread and ask him.

P.S.I didn't patch the game either

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
mcj said:
Boolbla said:

Seriously, there are stickied topics and loads of how-to's on this board. Is it really that hard to read, take notes, etc?

Edit: Sorry for being an ass, but it's like every other thread is how do i do this? and how can i do that?
I understand that you guys get frustrated and I genuinely appreciate all the help on here.
But I think you guys just don't get it.
Some of us do not get all the tech speak I have spent months trying to find a simple straightforward guide.
Today I found one on here the first one that didn't pitch above my level.

Sometimes on here I wonder if you aren't spiritual four year olds on here
You know how four year olds are completely egocentric and start conversations assuming you know what they are on about.

Four yearold you have never met before: Jack is bad he bit fluffy
And you are thinking who the f is Jack(or fluffy)

People don't ask to annoy you they ask because they can't find the information they need.

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Well, I admit I'm kinda dumb, but lets say there's a whole episode in the Wii Hacking that I missed (Thanks to PS3)
I just installed the HBC, just as the guide said, which was helpful and not WAD IS HERE COPY THIS PUT FAT16 MUAAAAA
I would like to thank mabilouz, thanks for helping me step forward, I really appriciete it
biggrin.gif

happy new year, I hope 2K9 would be a better year for Wii games. :?

D

Deleted User

Even my very noobish friend is better then you all (applies to mabilouz and the guy who created this topic...). He's kind of slow (at tech), but at least he gets what's he doing.

If you can't search for backup launcher gamma over the internet, you fail... HARD

And mabilouz, if you can't even understand the simplicity of the guides here, you also, fail.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:

Even my very noobish friend is better then you all. He's kind of slow (at tech), but at least he gets what's he doing.

If you can't search for backup launcher gamma over the internet, you fail... HARD

And mabilouz, if you can't even understand the simplicity of the guides here, you also, fail.
I posted to help him, your only contribution to this thread was to insult him and me.
But yes you are right I am a failure for not understanding tech speak.
To understand concepts that you are not familiar with it is necessary to understand the language that is used to describe them.
Treating it like some exclusive club were you get to treat people like dirt just because they haven't been taught the secret language says a hell of a lot more about your character flaws then it does about theirs.

But hey if you need to insult newbies to make yourself feel better about yourself then you have my sympathies. Perhaps this the only way you can get any validation in your life.

D

Deleted User

Eheh, that actually show that you actually fail more.
QUOTE said:
But yes you are right I am a failure for not understanding tech speak.
To understand concepts that you are not familiar with it is necessary to understand the language that is used to describe them..

Well, you know what, every guide here is noob-proof (well except for some), and it's really really easy to follow.

But hey, I understand. Some people just get confused over the big words. I did, but I did a little research on google and gbatemp, then understanding all these things.

But Boolbla, he is asking for an information, that has been answered like a million times. It wouldn't hurt him to search the internet would it?

Google is his, yours, and my best friend. So use google, search, if you can't find the information, then ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1