OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Screenshot_20180925-115056.png

Have you been excited for Virtual Console titles on the Switch? Your prayers might have been answered as Twitter user KevDoy has discovered newly added sections in the Nintendo Switch's eShop database file that might hint to Virtual Console titles being added soon. The included platforms are NES, SNES, GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, Nintendo 64, GameBoy Advance, and Nintendo DS.
There is no mention of GameCube just yet, but it is theorised that it might be announced separately later.

Failed to fetch tweet https://twitter.com/KevDoy/status/1044461585824006145

:arrow: eShop JSON file

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Although VC on switch is pretty likely, this still means nothing on its own as these are just placeholders in the JSON as it is.
Not really any hint to be honest.

Last edited by DBlaze,

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not surprised at all. What would surprise me would be if Nintendo didn't try to make people pay for their VC titles again.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They have a patent on a N64 controller icon filed recently, that is in similar style to the controllers on the nes and snes classic boxes, but could just as well be an icon for VC perhaps?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the bottom, there’s also ds, wii, 3ds, and wii u. I doubt there will be wii u vc though because... you know. But DS and Wii are likely I think/hope if this really is pointing to vc.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Look at the bottom, there’s also ds, wii, 3ds, and wii u. I doubt there will be wii u vc though because... you know. But DS and Wii are likely I think/hope if this really is pointing to vc.
yeah.. while 3ds could be possible due to switch being arm too wich facilitates an emulator, there is no way in hell wiiu ever gets a VC, becuase swithc will never be powerful enough to emulate wiiu ppc as it is, and they are selling wiiu ported titles too lol.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. while 3ds could be possible due to switch being arm too wich facilitates an emulator, there is no way in hell wiiu ever gets a VC, becuase swithc will never be powerful enough to emulate wiiu ppc as it is, and they are selling wiiu ported titles too lol.
Honestly, I don’t think they’ll do VC 3DS, even though it’s possible, since they’re still selling the 3DS and probably will be through at least 2019.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"Hints"?
More like "leftovers" or "traces" of Virtual Console on the eShop JSON file.
As if they are gonna do such a logic step, but nope, gotta offer those 20 NES titles because fuck the gamers.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To be fairly honest, a Wii VC would be the biggest dream of my whole life. I would literally be able to rest in actual peace. Nintendo has to expand their library of past generations games ASAP. Only NES isn't going to please anyone, to be fairly honest. Only adding N64 or GC would already be a whole lot, imagine any other ones like SNES, 3DS, Wii. A literal dream.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasnt this confirmed to be just a placeholder section since the 3ds has it too? It didnt deserve a new thread again...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They could just recompile the Wii U games and just sell those ports as VC games

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They could just recompile the Wii U games and just sell those ports as VC games
they are selling them at full price as deluxe so i dont see any recompiling lol, its not that simple they need to port the entire source code and change alot of stuff you cant just hit a button and import all wiiu games as switch games.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are selling them at full price as deluxe so i dont see any recompiling lol, its not that simple they need to port the entire source code and change alot of stuff you cant just hit a button and import all wiiu games as switch games.

I get that it's not that simple but I don't think those Wii U ports will stay full price forever. Stick em all in a section of their own and the average customer would be none the wiser.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited for all the VCs except for DS.
It just feel so weird to be playing DS games on anything other than consoles in the DS family itself...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: why we saying hello again for?