tumblr_mi61fiBdcr1qmo3obo1_400.gif

This shocked me.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least we're getting to the point where there's not much room for games between this and the original Metal Gear games, presumably. Then it's just a matter of remaking the MSX games and eventually the Solid games. I can't really imagine there'll actually be a sequel later in the timeline at this point, though to be honest I haven't finished MGS4 or started Revengeance.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
At least we're getting to the point where there's not much room for games between this and the original Metal Gear games, presumably. Then it's just a matter of remaking the MSX games and eventually the Solid games. I can't really imagine there'll actually be a sequel later in the timeline at this point, though to be honest I haven't finished MGS4 or started Revengeance.

They'll just pull a Zelda and have the timeline fork 3 times.

krazykracker1288

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so my guess is david hayter isnt involved because of the change in big boss' voice at the end of mgs4, when he talks to old snake its a different voice actor (richard doyle). Maybe kojima is detailing that change in this game......

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Can't wait to play it but at the same time am a bit gutted there isn't 2 games and neither are next gen.
Will still be great though and I really need to play MGS4 again.

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About the voice change.. People seem to be forgetting that the Ground Zeroes part of the game is seemingly only weeks after PW.. AND that the original Japanese VA is still voicing him during that part, So it's possible Hayter is covering/lying and he's voicing BB during the GS part and Richard Doyle (Or whomever is voicing him in the trailer) is voicing him in the 9 years later post-coma part of the game.. However it didn't really sound like Doyle either....

And there isn't any solid (lols) reason for the dramastic change given that he actually sounds younger not older.. So either that's not BB in the "post-coma" part (See the beginning part where we are actually seeing Big Boss going into the coma from someone elses eyes and not from his or Millers.) Meaning that the person waking up from the coma is actually some other guy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think Kojima expressed interest in a game around The Boss so once the story of the Big Boss is all wrapped up, he'll probably tackle that. Plus a Revengeance sequel isn't out of the question (although I haven't played Revengeance so I don't know what happens).

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Also if it's been 9 years why haven't the wounds on his face healed? Why would he need bandages after that many years?

Some wounds just never heal...

sadchild06.jpg

...BUT in all seriousness. Goodness, this trailer certainly had a lot going on! Aside from the usual "what on earth does any of this mean" factor that tends to accompany Metal Gear Solid games, the footage got me considerably excited! And I must say, that Fox Engine of theirs is looking puh-retty nice!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/0jb7vuzh3Xc?si=tYLCTavJ89a3Tdt0