Hideo Kojima announces Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? I thought Snake Eater was the best title in the series.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is considered by many to be the best, yes.

Metal Gear Solid 3D was an incredibly poor port/remake/what have you of the original game.

If you want a more accurate measure of the game's quality, you should probably just stick to the HD release for the 360 and PS3.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Metal Gear Solid 3D was an incredibly poor port/remake/what have you of the original game.

If you want a more accurate measure of the game's quality, you should probably just stick to the HD release for the 360 and PS3.

I remember the demo for that being released. And I complained saying that the game looks bad, and controls like ass even with the control pad pro or whatever, and everyone bitched at me saying I was wrong.

D

Deleted_171835

I doubt that you've actually played it because while MGS3D does suffer from framerate issues and not-so good controls without the tumour (that end motorcycle chase), it's nothing too bad that it'll ruin your enjoyment of the game. MGS3 is still a great game even in the 3DS version (although I would recommend you play the HD version first as it's a game best enjoyed on a big screen).

And @WiiUBricker, if you're serious about getting into the MGS series, start from MGS1 so you get all the little references in MGS3 (and the origins of certain characters, Ocelet).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's really no reason to buy MGS3D over the HD Collection which comes with 2 other full games and it costs only slightly more.

MGS3 is a great game though if you don't mind some longwinded narrative. But if you do then you shouldn't be playing MGS in the first place.

Is a game for The Boss and Co. still being considered? I thought that idea was scrapped in favor of Revengeance.

Revengeance was originally gonna have Grey Fox but that idea was scrapped as it was easier to write for Raiden.

The Boss could be MGS6.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why haven't you guys "Phantom-Pained" your avatars yet?!
CIRBNlJ.gif
XCi3bjO.jpg
TVDDdX6.jpg
HRaTsMn.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1