This is pretty good. I'm enjoying this atm. I think not many played this
smile.gif

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JBW said:
Its the other way round for me, I thought Phantom Hourglass was fantastic but i never could finish Spirit Tracks, mainly due to the train. I hate the train...

Back on topic, I think Etrian Odyssey III was great but very hard.
Well y'see? Most people passed over/couldn't finish it. It's got a pretty cool ending, well worth playing through.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The purpose of this thread is games that everyone dismisses but you personally enjoyed. There's all kinds of these great games on every system if you try to look once in awhile. Path of the Ninja is one of my favorite handheld rpgs of alltime now and I never would have played it if I weren't seeking shitted on games.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is one game for the DS I will say is a guilty pleasure, but not as bad as everyone says it is and that is Touch the Dead.
Honestly the game looks like crap, but once you get playing it, the game is honestly fun and just shows that the DS really needed more Rail-shooters.

As well Tokyo Beat down is one of those overlooked under rated games that honestly is just a load of fun.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let me see some very good overlooked gems in my opinion are:

Legend of kage 2
Beautiful control over your character and the higher difficulties are plain cruel. Has a lot of extra content like a boss rush and artwork. Bosses in the game are very creative and a blast to battle. It's weak points are dull levels, generic and short story (even got me somewhat confused) and repetitive gameplay because you have to unlock the harder difficulties later in the game. This might give you a false opinion about the game, because the normal difficulty can be quite easy. Another gripe of this game is the unlimited amount of lives/continues, you spawn at the start of the room you were in if you died (including boss battles), making the game a tad too easy.

quickspot
A nice little spot the difference game by namco bandai. It includes quite some pictures and it makes great use of the touch screen. Also some namco franchises come along the way like retro arcade games, taiko no tatsujin and klonoa. Also includes a trainer and an extremely nice multi player function. Multi player is multi card play, but also single cart. It can even be played with only one ds by passing it along while playing the game! Biggest gripe of this game is that it could have included more pictures >.>"

glory days 2
I can't believe that this game flew under the radar... Has a nice varied gameplay in which you help the army by piloting either a chopper or an airplane with each their own perks and setbacks. Also some strategy comes in because you can deploy your own troops in later levels. Story isn't really much, but the letters by the young soldiers you play as can get very emotional. Has a great execution and you really need both screens on the ds to judge the situation.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
glory days 1 came out as DSiWare, IIRC. and yes, it's pretty good, very polished, RTS/Action hybrid. and it looks like a non-rail sidescroller with tons of action going on. the controls are really confusing though, and not very intuitive, i think.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah except you fail to read. This isn't underrated games(besides that was lasted updated YEARS AGO), these are flat out BAD games. Underrated lists are all the same, if you've been playing NDS for 5 years like me, you've seen everything.

That being said, I would nominate

Disgaea DS(great port,local wifi,more features, yet everyone says its the worst version)

Urbz sims in the city(nothing like the consoles. Actually has a really cool world,great dialogue, easily the best life game on nds, much better than Sims 3)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/OUPRttnIyio?si=bm-9qNqiusvshBAz