Gaming Hidden gem thread

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played all the games that people herald as good but i may have missed a few hidden games. name me an obscure game that you enjoyed. for me, naruto path of the ninja 1 was enjoyable. but here's the thing. this isn't a niche thread, it's a hidden thread. games you wouldnt expect to be good but you enjoyed despite not getting great reviews.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah last updated two years ago and a thoughtless list at that. no detail at all and im sure a lot of games have come out since then. just share your experiences with less known games.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go! Go! Cosmo Cops was one such game. It doesn't quite fall into the "under-rated" category, as no one really reviewed it. It was definitely one that got overlooked. I loved it; still have it on my card.

danweb

Trophies
Website
www.syn.org.au
XP
Country
GeekyGuy said:
Go! Go! Cosmo Cops was one such game. It doesn't quite fall into the "under-rated" category, as no one really reviewed it. It was definitely one that got overlooked. I loved it; still have it on my card.

same. Rooms is also good

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
danweb said:
GeekyGuy said:

same. Rooms is also good
thanks guys, been kinda bored with my ds lately. Been looking for some good games like these xD
Rooms looks quite interesting
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah,. Rooms was really good. Heard the Wii version was a bit borked, but I had a great time with Rooms on DS. I'm not the biggest fan of puzzle games, either. Actually finished that game...

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eco-Creatures also fall in the hidden gem category. Maybe not exactly a gem, somewhere in between a piece of coal and a diamond.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Y2JosHBK said:
TWEWY, Pheonix Wright, Henry Hatsworth, Ghost Trick, Super Princess Peach just to name a few

Everybody knows the first four, and I'm pretty sure Super Princess Peach gets an honorable mention at least in most places. Being such an early release though, many do tend to forget about it.

Y2JosHBK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Everybody knows the first four, and I'm pretty sure Super Princess Peach gets an honorable mention at least in most places. Being such an early release though, many do tend to forget about it.

Sorry Nerd. Hidden Gems don't exist for gamers. A hidden gem is a game the general population might not know. Lets use some logic nerd

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Y2JosHBK said:
TWEWY, Pheonix Wright, Henry Hatsworth, Ghost Trick, Super Princess Peach just to name a few
...Those are well known games, not hidden gems.

I haven't played Princess Peach though, is it really good? >_>

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Vigilante said:
Also Nostalgia,been hearing good about it

Nostalgia isn't that hidden. It got a fair bit of attention when released and is referred to when people just kind of want to play an RPG. It doesn't offer anything new in terms of RPG's and is pretty generic in the story (okay, really generic). It is good to pass some time if you're in an RPG mood with nothing else to play though.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Air Traffic Chaos. sharp difficulty curve though, from relatively easy to ridiculously hard, as it requires serious micro-managing in the later stages. quite fun though.

Culdcept DS. but this may be closer to a niche game so... but it's a fun board/card game hybrid. japanese, but has almost full translation patch here at gbatemp.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y2JosHBK said:
my post got deleted for God knows why, but Super Peach is a great platformer

This game is also very amusing when taken out of context... The story starts something like this...

Bowser moves to vibe island and acquires a new vibrator vibe scepter ...
Bowser's new vibrator vibe scepter is super powerful and gives him great joy when he uses it on Mario and Luigi.
Princess peach gets all emotional when she finds Bowser stole Mario using his scepter goes to find him herself.
She takes a special umbrella with her and goes to vibe island. There she's able to collect special batteries crystals that charge up her "vibe" which allows her to use her extreme emotions...

And it just goes down hill from there...

actual opening scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58s0xzmsRU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @NinStar, I usually stop around 8 lol if someone seems legit I stop at that one. Lol