Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    Install the homebrew launcher channel instead of launching haxchi to get to the homebrew launcher. Sounds like you unload haxchi fw when going into Homebrew launcher through haxchi.

2. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    Is there a way to use the Wii classic controller as the Wii U gamepad? And why does does it use the Wii U gamepad remap when I use a DS3 as the Wii U gamepad? Are there any plans to eventually have gui button remap in app instead of having to go back to PC to edit config files?

3. oricon

oricon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2008
    United States
    is there a way to make wiiu pro controller act as the gamepad so we can play ds games from loadiine with the pro controller

4. derdon

derdon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi! I try to get the Mayflash N64 Adapter to work with Hid to Vpad. with the latest stable Hid to VPad Version.
    I connect the adapter to the port and the controller to the adapter und nothing happens. It is not recognized. I use the *ini file from github.
    Tried every usb port and had no luck.

May someone had the same issue.

5. derdon

derdon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Quoting myself...
    Found the error: VID and PID in the *ini is not the same as the current adapter sold on amazon has.
    Didn't figure out yet how to properly configure the buttons with HID Test.

6. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Has keyboard support been fixed yet???

7. DeezTits

DeezTits GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2014
    United States
    Does this work with emulators? Aside from Nintendont, of course. I'm able to virtually map GC controllers but aside from Wii U games, it doesn't translate to any other emulators (ie, genesis plus, snesx, or even vwii). Is there a trick to get it working? Or am I trying to do something that is currently not achievable? I'm guessing it's because the emulators are just forwarders to emus in vWii. I don't know.

8. Elbie27

Elbie27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Using the latest stable version of hid to vpad along with the network client.
    I have tried the stable and nightly version of the network client and I still get the same issues.
    Ds4 v2 used over usb with network client, have used Bluetooth as well and no difference.

Turn on wii u
    Cbhc loads system menu
    I load hbc
    I run hid to vpad
    I connect the network client
    Asign pad
    Press plus and load to system menu
    Pad shows the hand icon when I move the left stick, so I know that hid to vpad is working.
    Run Botw with dlc installed
    All runs fine...
    Except, every now and then I get the Communications with the controller have been interrupted.

I press TV button and no change.
    Network client still says connected and I can disconnect and reconnect without issue.

Yet the pad does nothing, BOTW doesn't say playing with Pro controller

If I close software and go back to the system menu my pad now works flawlessly.
    I can load botw back up and play u till I get the same issue.

I have tried 2 laptops, one wired ether net, the other WiFi, both have the same issue. One runs XP the other win 10

Any ideas? Cheers

9. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    Has keyboard support been fixed yet?

10. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Any way I can make the gamepad emulate the Wii Remote? (bet you got this question a thousand times)

11. Nobulilo

Nobulilo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2016
    Brazil
    Hello Friends!
    I'm using Mocha on 5.5.2 and when i try to apply the patches (+) the app freezes on a black screen and don't go back to Wii U Menu.
    I Tried nightly and Stable versions, i get the freeze on both :(

12. Ventilatorr

Ventilatorr Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2018
    Netherlands
    Can I use keyboard + mouse as one controller?

13. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Yes. Just connect a keyboard then press x on the gamepad to connect a mouse

14. koenergy

koenergy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2012
    United States
    How can I use this and GC injects? It doesn't work for me.

15. Lallo

Lallo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    Sometimes when I use this the controllers just stop working after a while when playing example Mario Kart with my friends.

Any solution to this?

16. Zoroark5

Zoroark5 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    United Kingdom
    When I use Xbox 360 controller with wireless adapter on PC to Wii u it works fine but not on Smash it just doesn't do anything help plz

17. xavier4000wiiu
    This message by xavier4000wiiu has been removed from public view by Minox, Jul 9, 2018, Reason: English only.
    Jul 8, 2018
  18. xavier4000wiiu

xavier4000wiiu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Spain
    Please help. Only I want to do is connect a keyboard to play Splatoon 1 in the local multiplayer mode without having to buy the pro driver. The program starts and works well, but when I'm going to apply changes, the screen remains frozen in black

(I am sorry for my bad english)

19. xavier4000wiiu
    This message by xavier4000wiiu has been removed from public view by Chary, Jul 11, 2018, Reason: Duplicate post.
    Jul 11, 2018
  20. xavier4000wiiu
    This message by xavier4000wiiu has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 2, 2018, Reason: Please speak English next time.
    Jul 12, 2018
  21. baconbouy

baconbouy Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Austria
    Just tested out my config file with my Hori fight commander 4 pad. Works in DP- LS or RS mode, Nice!

Here's the config file which shares the same VID/PID as a DS4 so i had to remove that .ini .Forgot to test if the turbo/rapid fire button mode works. (yes it does)

Attached Files:

Last edited by baconbouy, Jul 12, 2018
  22. LeoIeiri

LeoIeiri 家入レオ

May 10, 2017
    Japan
    Tokyo
    If I use PS3 controller how to turn off gamepad and dont turn wii u?

23. Gamer4647

Gamer4647 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2016
    I got the latest version of HIDtoVPAD from the Homebrew App Store, and I'm also having issues where the console hangs on a black screen when trying to exit or apply patches. System firmware 5.5.1, browser exploit into HBL.

EDIT: I'll try a nightly release.
    EDIT 2: I tried the April nightly for the HBL app instead of the February stable, but it still has the same issue. Also noticed that the new nightlies past that are for a WUPS version instead of an app, so I'm going to try and get an older version that works.

Last edited by Gamer4647, Jul 26, 2018
    xavier4000wiiu likes this.