Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Parece que sem progresso nesse sentido ainda :/

2. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2014
    Mexico
    Dinosaur Land, Donut Plains
    Much appreciated my good sir, I have 1 question... I don't really know fully well how this awesome app works... But do I just plug my 8bitdo SF30 controller to my wiiu when running this app with the proper controller files on my sd card and then it will get detected?... Also when doing that, would I be able to use it in conjunction with a Gamecube adapter??
    Thanks in advance

3. Itchy_sore_piles

Itchy_sore_piles Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi, top work - is there a forwarder available for HID to VPAD to start straight from XMB? I was looking to create one but can only see instructions for creating vWii forwarders

4. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    Hey!
    Here's what you need to do:

Install HIDtoVPAD normally
    Get a configuration file, and put it in SD:/wiiu/controller/ (example: SD:/wiiu/controller/8bitdo.ini)
    Open HIDtoVPAD
    Choose the controller you want to emulate -- but if you choose anything other than the gamepad, you actually need one of the controller and need to connect it. (make sure you have a configuration file for the controller you want to emulate if you have something like the 8bitdo which isn't immediately supported when you connect it.)
    Now, if you

a) have a USB controller or whatever it is, just plug it into the wiiu, choose the controller on the gamepad and click A.

b) have a bluetooth controller, go to the about section in FTPiiU and find the IP address. download the network client (I just googled it to download) and connect to the IP address shown on the wii u. Then, choose the controller you want to emulate on the gamepad and click A.

After that, if you want to add any more controllers, add them.

Now, just click + on any screen to apply the patches. This will take you to the Wii U home menu. If the controllers don't work, click the TV button.
    Remember, you cannot run any other homebrew at the same time. (but I THINK loadiine has the thing built in... not sure though.)

(the network client also works for xInput controllers)

CeeDee, eldavo2090 and Maschell like this.
  5. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    bump

6. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    Quick question since I haven't found the answer

Is Switch Pro Controller can be used wirelessly?

7. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    No

8. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    Okay then, I'll ask another petty question.

Is HID to VPAD will carry through GC inject games? Or Nintendon't will handle those?

9. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    Nope. Nintendont should have its own usb his support though try referring to it's page on gbatemp for more info they have an extensive blurb on controller aupport

10. PerryStyle

PerryStyle Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2017
    United States
    For emulating the gamepad, do I need the gamepad so I can set up a USB Device like a mouse? So far what I am doing is running HID-VPAD Through HBL and using the Wii Remote to Navigate. I can set up the Mouse, but I do not have a minus button to press. If I press the minus button on the Wii Mote it does not apply the patches.

11. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2012
    Canada
    in yo mind
    I haven't tried this... yet, but it sounds amazing. Gamecube controller support with the adapter FTW. Thanks!

12. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    I used this

[Gamepad]
    VPAD_BUTTON_R=VPAD_BUTTON_ZL
    VPAD_BUTTON_L=VPAD_BUTTON_ZR
    VPAD_BUTTON_ZR=VPAD_BUTTON_L

And the only remap that worked was ZR to L the other buttons did nothing

13. philx_x

philx_x Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    Switzerland
    would it be hard to port this to the Wii? I'm dying to play the n64 VC titles with my 8bitdo n64 controllers.

14. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    wasnt there like nintendont or something for the wii that did this

15. philx_x

philx_x Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 25, 2018
    Switzerland
    yeah Nintendont plays GCN games with HID controller support .. but I'm looking for a solution to play VC titles.

16. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    oh, well, I don't think there is one? I'm not sure.

17. LuisGerdez

LuisGerdez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2016
    Venezuela
    I use my xbox 360 control with hid to vpad network, and it works great in all games except smash

18. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Hey Guys
    Sorry for not reading through the thread but this time I am kinda in a hurry. I need to know if, while playing Hyrule Warriors in Coop mode, if I set Player 1 or Player 2's Controller scheme to the Wii U Pro Controller, can I use this app to play using either a PS4 or PS3 Controller while my friend still uses the Gamepad Controller?

I ask because I hate having to use the the damn Wiimote to play when we are doing Coop. It kinda sucks:/

In other words, can I use a PS4/PS3 Controller to emulate a Wii U Pro Controller while still being able to use the Gamepad aswell?

EDIT: Managed to get this working yesterday. It works exactly as I had hoped. No more need to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck for 2 Player mode:)

Last edited by XaneTenshi, Apr 30, 2018
  19. ooLIAMoo

ooLIAMoo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Saw a bunch of people here unable to get the PowerA Nintendo Switch Controller working, so I went searching and found the way to do it.

First of all, you want to grab the file 'Core(plus) Wired Controller.ini' from this link:
    https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs
    This has the correct PID and VID etc.

Next you need the latest nightly of HID to VPAD (not normal release! it has issues with right stick Y axis inverting, unless you like it always set to up = down and down = up) and then just launch and play.

josedaniel likes this.
  20. bichinhoverde

bichinhoverde Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    United States
    I have a problem. Here is what I am doing:
    1. load haxchi cfw
    2. use haxchi to launch hbc
    3. use hid to vpad to connect switch pro controller
    4. controller works on wii menu
    Then I try to launch mario kart, which requires cfw due to dlc. I get an error message, as if I didn't load cfw.
    If I try to lauch haxchi cfw again, it freezes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice