Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. WiisleyU

WiisleyU GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2016
    Brazil
    Parece que sem progresso nesse sentido ainda :/

2. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2014
    Mexico
    Dinosaur Land, Donut Plains
    Much appreciated my good sir, I have 1 question... I don't really know fully well how this awesome app works... But do I just plug my 8bitdo SF30 controller to my wiiu when running this app with the proper controller files on my sd card and then it will get detected?... Also when doing that, would I be able to use it in conjunction with a Gamecube adapter??
    Thanks in advance

3. Itchy_sore_piles

Itchy_sore_piles Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi, top work - is there a forwarder available for HID to VPAD to start straight from XMB? I was looking to create one but can only see instructions for creating vWii forwarders

4. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    Hey!
    Here's what you need to do:

Install HIDtoVPAD normally
    Get a configuration file, and put it in SD:/wiiu/controller/ (example: SD:/wiiu/controller/8bitdo.ini)
    Open HIDtoVPAD
    Choose the controller you want to emulate -- but if you choose anything other than the gamepad, you actually need one of the controller and need to connect it. (make sure you have a configuration file for the controller you want to emulate if you have something like the 8bitdo which isn't immediately supported when you connect it.)
    Now, if you

a) have a USB controller or whatever it is, just plug it into the wiiu, choose the controller on the gamepad and click A.

b) have a bluetooth controller, go to the about section in FTPiiU and find the IP address. download the network client (I just googled it to download) and connect to the IP address shown on the wii u. Then, choose the controller you want to emulate on the gamepad and click A.

After that, if you want to add any more controllers, add them.

Now, just click + on any screen to apply the patches. This will take you to the Wii U home menu. If the controllers don't work, click the TV button.
    Remember, you cannot run any other homebrew at the same time. (but I THINK loadiine has the thing built in... not sure though.)

(the network client also works for xInput controllers)

eldavo2090 and Maschell like this.
  5. Daniel11420

Daniel11420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2018
    Spain
    bump

6. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    Quick question since I haven't found the answer

Is Switch Pro Controller can be used wirelessly?

7. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    No

8. misterdarvus

misterdarvus GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Indonesia
    Okay then, I'll ask another petty question.

Is HID to VPAD will carry through GC inject games? Or Nintendon't will handle those?

9. cruplezone

cruplezone GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    Nope. Nintendont should have its own usb his support though try referring to it's page on gbatemp for more info they have an extensive blurb on controller aupport

10. PerryStyle

PerryStyle Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2017
    United States
    For emulating the gamepad, do I need the gamepad so I can set up a USB Device like a mouse? So far what I am doing is running HID-VPAD Through HBL and using the Wii Remote to Navigate. I can set up the Mouse, but I do not have a minus button to press. If I press the minus button on the Wii Mote it does not apply the patches.

11. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2012
    Canada
    in yo mind
    I haven't tried this... yet, but it sounds amazing. Gamecube controller support with the adapter FTW. Thanks!

12. wiiztec

wiiztec GBAtemp Fan

Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    I used this

[Gamepad]
    VPAD_BUTTON_R=VPAD_BUTTON_ZL
    VPAD_BUTTON_L=VPAD_BUTTON_ZR
    VPAD_BUTTON_ZR=VPAD_BUTTON_L

And the only remap that worked was ZR to L the other buttons did nothing