Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While I was fixing up by flash cart, I accidentally deleated the game and I got rid of it on my computer as well.

Whenever I try to patch the ROM, it keeps saying that xDelta failed or something.
And it recommends me to get a clean ROM (which I have) and to make sure that all patch files were there (they were).
So I can't patch it at all now. =\

Help someone?

Thanks in advance

valyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@ blastimpulseee just re-download the patch to be on the safe side
and if that doesnt work let me know

@ Albel005 sorry my bad i forgot to edit the batch file properly
since im not much good at it

@ ivanthegreat yes i am continuing with this for now

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have also had problems updating a clean rom with your patch, so for the time being I will continue on the item descriptions and possibly some monster name and battle text.

Starting to correct and clean up some of the item descriptions making them easy to read and allowing them to fit the window

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
valyr said:
@ blastimpulseee just re-download the patch to be on the safe side
and if that doesnt work let me know

@ Albel005 sorry my bad i forgot to edit the batch file properly
since im not much good at it

@ ivanthegreat yes i am continuing with this for now

I downloaded the patch you added today and it worked. ^.^
Thanks a lot. I noticed in the bottom 2 screenshots you updated that the names in the upper screen were white squares.
Is that a glitch or has it just not been redone yet?

And, just curious, what do you think the problem was when I couldn't patch it? I know I used a clean ROM and all files were present.

Thanks again!
yaynds.gif

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats one of the glitches at present to figure out, not sure but more may be present as you progress throughout, just post it on here and am sure it will get sorted.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
thecrash1973 said:
Thats one of the glitches at present to figure out, not sure but more may be present as you progress throughout, just post it on here and am sure it will get sorted.

Oh yes, actually. I found another one.
In some battles, when you target and confirm targets (enemies), the selected character's name sometimes has a blue box blocking part of their name in the top left corner.
I also noticed a number to the left of the character name and stats in partial yellow and another under the glitch box. The box is blue, the same color as the character name window.
This is more of a minor glitch/bug, but I thought you might want to know.
If you don't understand, I can try taking a picture to show you, but it might not turn out very good.

valyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@blastimpulseee

thats another minor glitch we know about its to do with the enemy name length i think

as for the first patch the fault was mine i think, i tested the rom i used to make the patch atferwards
and it failed its crc check so the new patch got made with with a freshly dl'd rom lol

valyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thats ok liquidgin im enjoying doing this

@ everyone: there will be a new patch released later today/tonight some time when i've had a chance to update a few
bits and bobs

valyr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
new patch up : added : more monster names, items, item descriptions, fixed some minor errors
you will also notice that some of the character names show up in the text boxes this is just a test
for possibilities of translating the script as well , I will be running tests on actual script text at a later date.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
valyr said:
new patch up : added : more monster names, items, item descriptions, fixed some minor errors
you will also notice that some of the character names show up in the text boxes this is just a test
for possibilities of translating the script as well , I will be running tests on actual script text at a later date.

Awesome! Thanks for the hard work, valyr!
yaynds.gif

Just wondering, the hero's actual name is Hercules, right?
I'm at the part where I'm supposed to name him and Hercules won't fit and "Hero" just looks out of place because of the font.
I would just prefer "Hero" but is there a way to make the font look as it should? The letters look big and so spaced apart. :s

Thanks again for the work!

liquidgin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update valyr. I have a quick question though, if I use this new patch will I still have my last save file? or do I have to start from the beginning of the game? I'm at te office so I don't have my nds with me
sleep.gif

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liquidgin said:
I have a quick question though, if I use this new patch will I still have my last save file?
The answer to this question is almost always that save files will work for any version of the patch or original game, since most translations do not change anything about how the game saves or loads data. The only project I know of where this does not hold true is Tales of Innocence, because they added a new option that had to be saved.

thecrash1973

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hercules will join your party later in the game not going in to too much detail, however I'm not entirely sure whether the game allows you to call your character Hercules or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1