Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Any working stream from vita to android device app will be awesome.
And option to use any bluetooth android gamepad with vita.
I have working bluetooth pad with my phone.
This will be awesome play with this pad on my Vita Slim

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A Homebrew app that automatically synchs all savegames between 2 predefined vita devices via adhoc or if possible via a private Cloud like dropbox or googledrive. To make it short, a simple app to activate so you allways have your actual saves no matter if you play on vita or pstv.

Please no "just swap the card" bullshit. I hate that. Really really hate it. I would go for the ps+ synching but it wont synch psx or psp saves. So i want an app which synchs ALL savegames.

I know there are some limitations, like it has to be the same psn account, it has to be the same game ID and so on thats clear. but still.

Archangel22

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so many requests but not many created. some are hard to pull off but not sure if the vita community is that active now is it. Im ok with with it, playing retroarch and various console libraries is neat at this stage I just want the ability to cast to a tv, spruce up the graphics and play other games smoother without damaging or burning a hole in the cpu. everything else is non essential I say.

A better cheat library or stable cheats that dont break games will be even better

SkyStruck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do not know if this is possible but is there a way to make a "bubble"-manager or a launcher where I can group and/or catagorize by genre for example?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I do not know if this is possible but is there a way to make a "bubble"-manager or a launcher where I can group and/or catagorize by genre for example?
I mean, it is certainly possible, it's just a matter of someone actually bothering to put in the work.

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
A Homebrew app that automatically synchs all savegames between 2 predefined vita devices via adhoc or if possible via a private Cloud like dropbox or googledrive. To make it short, a simple app to activate so you allways have your actual saves no matter if you play on vita or pstv.

Please no "just swap the card" bullshit. I hate that. Really really hate it. I would go for the ps+ synching but it wont synch psx or psp saves. So i want an app which synchs ALL savegames.

I know there are some limitations, like it has to be the same psn account, it has to be the same game ID and so on thats clear. but still.
I dont undestand why this is a problem for you, as long as your devices are hacked (since you request a homebrew they have to be hacked) turn on vitashell on both devices and send the savedate folder via adhoc to the device and accept the request in seconds all the save files would be synched as long as you have the same PSN account in both devices.

einmueller

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A port of "Return to the Roots" (rtrr <dot> info, a settler2 engine) would be great. One of my alltime favorite games, but too slow in dosbox.

I think the screen is big enough (settler2 is even playable on nintendo ds) and the vita should have the power...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Another very nice to have would be a port of "Neverwinter Nights". Next to Baldurs Gate one of the alltime classics RPG.

The Enhanced Edition has been ported to Android, so perhaps it is possible to port it over to vita like GTA3 or Max Payne?

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An ATRAC (.at9) music player would be nice.

Better would be the ability to scan the data folder and create a library that could group
the .at9 tracks based on which game folders they were found in, similar to XBMC or KODI.
It would probably need to translate the title id codes into game namesin order to make it easier
for users to find a specific ost, such as Hotline Miami rather than trying to figure out what title id's
go to which games.

Best would also include the abillity to rip the .at9 tracks to .wav or .mp3 files.

I think that PSP games also use the same format, but all of the game files are usually
locked away into the game ISO's.

Last edited by war2thegrave,
Reactions: Francissavi

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A way to check if X homebrew has updated would be great, either as an apk or a webpage.

A ps vita homebrew tracker, like just add the name of the apk and the github page to the app and then it notifies you if a homebrew app has updated. No updating it for you or anything, just telling you the app has updated so you update it yourself.

Last edited by raxadian,
Reactions: Francissavi

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew to get the vita to output audio via the micro usb port? I'd want this mainly to use with an external dac since the vita's internal quality sucks for headphones.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any homebrew to get the vita to output audio via the micro usb port? I'd want this mainly to use with an external dac since the vita's internal quality sucks for headphones.

Maybe it would be better if there was a plugin like udcd_uvc.sprx for video output via micro usb,so you can stream to bigger screens without mute audio issues.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Unfortunately no but there may be some options for Streamers hardware. Sadly whatever it is is not gonna be cheap and aince the Vita haven't had new games in ages is probably no longer produced.

Maybe there is something for the PlayStation Vita TV?

But that one is not 100% compatible with all games.

Last edited by raxadian,

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it would be better if there was a plugin like udcd_uvc.sprx for video output via micro usb,so you can stream to bigger screens without mute audio issues.

Unfortunately no but there may be some options for Streamers hardware. Sadly whatever it is is not gonna be cheap and aince the Vita haven't had new games in ages is probably no longer produced.

Maybe there is something for the PlayStation Vita TV?

But that one is not 100% compatible with all games.

I really just want higher quality audio. I usually play my vita with headphones, but the volume & quality suck. Tried a little portable amp, but that just boosts the noise more than anything. Just want to be able to plug in my DAC and get clean audio. I suppose the only other solution would be springing for high-end BT headphones, but the latency would annoy me to hell.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really just want higher quality audio. I usually play my vita with headphones, but the volume & quality suck. Tried a little portable amp, but that just boosts the noise more than anything. Just want to be able to plug in my DAC and get clean audio. I suppose the only other solution would be springing for high-end BT headphones, but the latency would annoy me to hell.

Sorry @Immortallix ,and connect the PS Vita to a bluetooth speaker?
Another question:do you hear a buzz when you connect the PS Vita to the amp?

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry @Immortallix ,and connect the PS Vita to a bluetooth speaker?
Another question:do you hear a buzz when you connect the PS Vita to the amp?

Yeah buzzing & all the electrical noises you wouldn't normally hear all get amplified. If you have a Switch and use headphones when its reading a cart, it sounds like that but louder.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah buzzing & all the electrical noises you wouldn't normally hear all get amplified. If you have a Switch and use headphones when its reading a cart, it sounds like that but louder.

@Immortallix to solve this problem,go to settings/system and deflag usb power supply and when you reconnect the PS Vita the hum will disappear, this also happens when you connect it to the PC(microphone output)to stream games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up