Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Choose any IOS that has the fakesigning bug and is not the IOS 36 (IOS 249 or 250, maybe) -> Go to the "IOS, BC, MIOS" menu -> Search for the IOS 36 and install it using the + button -> If the application asks you if you wanna patch the IOS, just say no (press B) -> Enjoy.

Wasn't that hard, lol. BTW, if you are using v12.1 (the beta one), change the IOS version to 3357. The new one isn't compatible with the HBC, AFAIK.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. Just read the v12.1b and all it says is that installing the 4.3 SM (and IOS80, I guess?) is disabled (because it'll delete titleID's HAXX and JODI). Sounds like you still can install the 4.3 SM with v12.

Either version will work fine in the HBC though.
smile.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
BBking83 said:
Sounds like you still can install the 4.3 SM with v12.
Uhm, wut? I don't think so...as far as I know, everything in DOP-Mii is hardcoded, so, if something new comes out, the App itself has to be updated (to make it as safe as possible for those noobs, add a description, they even test the new IOS, etc.). Ergo, 4.3 can't be in v12, since this was released WAY before 4.3.

Oh, and again, as far as I know, you can install IOS80 with v12.1. It doesn't do any harm, but it's pretty useless.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, sorry. Yeah, you can still install IOS80 me thinks.

Anyway, I was mainly saying that Dop-Mii v12\12.1b will work in any HBC.

PabloACZ said:
BTW, if you are using v12.1 (the beta one), change the IOS version to 3357. The new one isn't compatible with the HBC, AFAIK.

Hang on, I mis read that. Sorry. You mean IOS36-64-v3607 isn't compatible with the HBC (which you can get from v12.1b), not that Dop-Mii isn't compatible with the HBC. And to get v3351 so the HBC will work.

Oops...

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
BBking83 said:
Yep, sorry. Yeah, you can still install IOS80 me thinks.

Anyway, I was mainly saying that Dop-Mii v12\12.1b will work in any HBC.

PabloACZ said:
BTW, if you are using v12.1 (the beta one), change the IOS version to 3357. The new one isn't compatible with the HBC, AFAIK.

Hang on, I mis read that. Sorry. You mean IOS36-64-v3607 isn't compatible with the HBC (which you can get from v12.1b), not that Dop-Mii isn't compatible with the HBC. And to get v3351 so the HBC will work.

Oops...

Of course I meant that,
rofl.gif
. And well, that was a little typo on the version number. Nothing really to worry about.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Parablank said:
Can't you just reinstall the Homebrew Channel? That's what I did, and it worked.

Well, that depends. If you just reinstall the channel, it will use a different IOS, so you should also reinstall BootMii as Boot2 (if available). If you don't, it won't be able to load HBC upon boot, because the IOS it calls to load the channel wouldn't be the same as the one needed by the reinstalled HBC. Anyway, I prefer the IOS reinstallation (less complications),
tongue.gif
. Correct me if I'm wrong.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
PabloACZ said:
Parablank said:
Can't you just reinstall the Homebrew Channel? That's what I did, and it worked.

Well, that depends. If you just reinstall the channel, it will use a different IOS, so you should also reinstall BootMii as Boot2 (if available). If you don't, it won't be able to load HBC upon boot, because the IOS it calls to load the channel wouldn't be the same as the one needed by the reinstalled HBC. Anyway, I prefer the IOS reinstallation (less complications),
tongue.gif
. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's nonsence. Bootmii calls the TitleID of HBC and not the IOS so it doesn't matter if HBC will change the IOS it uses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: