Hacking help with going from Gateway 4.5 to a9lh by plailect

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys would anyone be willing to help me walk through plailects guide on going from gateway to free cfw? Im a little scared to do it since i would be updating my 3DS to 9.2 and leaving 4.5 inorder to do this. Unless theres a video that i can watch that can walk me through it that would be great. I have an O3DS on 4.5 with GW. It just would be nice to have someone be able to talk me through the steps.

Thanks

Yourstrulyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my upgrade route is similar to your situation. 6.0 2DS to A9LH and Luma. Make sure you back that up as that the copy you want to restore, create an emunand backup and also backup the contents of your SD.

As for the upgrade process, y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶H̶B̶L̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶4̶.̶5̶ ̶O̶3̶D̶S̶ (Edit: corrected; no access to HBL on 4.5?). Once you have that entry point, use your choice of update to bring your 4.5 to 9.2. My advice is that since you have backed up your emunand and sd contents, work with a clean SD so there aren't any odd interactions and random/conflicting files.

The guide is very good, except for the backup part, it does it a step too late because it assumes you are setting up emunand for the first time.

Last edited by Yourstrulyxx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-