Hacking Help with Disc Error

CFShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, can someone help me? I bought a Wii (USA/NTSC) recently and it comes with Wiikey 2. The first day i opened it, i tried to play SSBB, but it gave me disc error. I thought it was a bad recording and I didnt bothered much. Then, i borrowed a SSBB from my friend, that works perfectly on his Wii. When i put it in MY wii, it gives me the same problem, DISC ERROR! I updated my Wii recently to version 4.0U, so i could play Mario Kart, i dont't know if that changes anything. People says that those SSBB that i got COULD have been recorded in a 4.7GB DVD, and my Wii wasn't able to read it. Well..now im trying to get a SSBB recorded in a Double Layer DVD to test. But i dont know if i have to update the Wiikey too, in order to play SSBB. The Wiikey website is off ¬¬. Do you guys have any advices?

Thanks

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless there's really new development in the last 36 hours, there's not much you can do with 4.0 System Menu in terms of soft modding. Twilight hack no longer works in 4.0. Your only real option is to update the WiiKey2 to the latest firmware. Their web site is up. The latest firmware version for Wiikey2 seems to be 1.2. I have Wiikey1 and SSBB runs fine with the latest firmware 1.9s

CFShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well....Yesterday i got ANOTHER SSBB, now a Dual Layer one. I put it in my Wii and the disc was read. I click START and then here comes the loading screen...After that, it gives me a green screen saying: "The disc could not be read, bla bla bla". After 3 tryes and DVD cleaning with my shirt, it worked..But i played only for about 10 minutes, because i had to sleep. Now, i put the disc, the Wii reads, i click START, the loading screen shows up and then the error screen comes back..I tried 10 times now and i still hadnt got it to work!! Now i really don´t know whats happening...

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Give the disc laser a good clean, you can find some guides online or someone will probably give you a detailed explanation with a link to the "guide they used". People around here always do that
smileipb2.png
(And I aint stalking anyone
tongue.gif
)

CFShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing is...I cleaned this DVD about 10 times already with a cloth..And this DVD has very few scratches (almost none). It worked one time, why is not working now?? >.

CFShadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But My Wii is new!!! How could it possibly be dirt?? Oh well...If, only if, the problem is the DVD, maybe i could make a backup from that DVD into another Dual Layer to try to make it with no scratches?

D

Deleted User

Clean the lens. Try it first before contradicting. Your Wii could be new, but it's still have a chance of getting dirty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)