• Likes 1

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Edit: I got it to work a while ago, so I don't need this thread. However I'm keeping it up for other people if they need help.

So I have the Mario 64 3DS repo on github (https://github.com/sm64-port/sm64_3ds), but I can't get it to work for the life of me. I followed jo's guide (https://nc.j0.lol/s/kaALgxfNaYYAFqy) but I keep getting this error on msys2:
Code:
/usr/bin/env: ‘python3’: No such file or directory
Makefile:170: *** Failed to extract assets.  Stop.

Just for insight, I installed WSL and the Ubuntu terminal as well, but didn't work, spitting me this error in the attached photo. So please, If anyone could help, you'd be the absolute best!

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 570
Last edited by Wavy,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have the Mario 64 3DS repo on github (https://github.com/sm64-port/sm64_3ds), but I can't get it to work for the life of me. I followed jo's guide (https://nc.j0.lol/s/kaALgxfNaYYAFqy) but I keep getting this error on msys2:
Code:
/usr/bin/env: ‘python3’: No such file or directory
Makefile:170: *** Failed to extract assets.  Stop.

Just for insight, I installed WSL and the Ubuntu terminal as well, but didn't work, spitting me this error in the attached photo. So please, If anyone could help, you'd be the absolute best!

is this the pc port to the 3ds?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Do you have Python3 installed under WSL, and is it in your PATH? The error is pretty clear on what's going wrong here.

Edit: I haven't looked over this entire guide yet, but it's rather wonky. What's wrong with the instructions on the Git? Like, the guide tells you to run this, which is wrong.
Code:
export PATH="$PATH:/opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/"
This is messing up your PATH, which is what's giving you this error. Instead you should append DKPro's path to the end of your existing PATH variable in your bashrc. You can see if your path is set correctly by running this.
Code:
echo $PATH
Since you're most likely using /bin/sh as your shell, the "export" function replaces your existing PATH for the session, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Eh, let him learn how to do this. In the event there's an update, or the OP wants to make button swaps, use different textures, or what have you, he'll now have the knowledge on how to compile the game himself instead of having to wait around for someone else to do it for him.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Quoting deleted post

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
you just dont have python3
He probably does if he's just copying and pasting commands from that guide. It does have one install Python beforehand, but then it has readers issue a command that breaks their PATH variable, thus making it seem like Python isn't installed because the shell can't find it within the defined PATH.

Edit: @OP, to help you further, do this.
Code:
sudo apt-get install nano
nano ~/.bashrc
Look for your PATH variable. It's usually in the top of the file, and if it's not existent, you can create it. Anyway, it should look like this.
Code:
export PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/"
If this doesn't exist in your bashrc, just put it somewhere in it, then press ctrl+x to save and close the file. Reload the terminal and you should be good to go.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Wavy and Ricken

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
He probably does if he's just copying and pasting commands from that guide. It does have one install Python beforehand, but then it has readers issue a command that breaks their PATH variable, thus making it seem like Python isn't installed because the shell can't find it within the defined PATH.

Code:
nano ~/.bashrc
Look for your PATH variable. It's usually in the top of the file, and if it's not existent, you can create it. Anyway, it should look like this.
Code:
export PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/devkitpro/tools/bin/"
If this doesn't exist in your bashrc, just put it somewhere in it, then press ctrl+x to save and close the file. Reload the terminal and you should be good to go.
I don't have my PC with me since I just woke up, but later I'll try that to see if it works.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Code:
nano ~/.bashrc
Code:
Alright, so I did that and it was extracting the files for a bit, until I got this error (which you can see in the photo)

Attachments

• sm64_3ds error.png
    sm64_3ds error.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 540

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I did that and it was extracting the files for a bit, until I got this error (which you can see in the photo)
You're missing gcc-arm. Guess the guide failed to mention you need that.
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi binutils-arm-none-eabi gdb-arm-none-eabi
The last package installed there is for debugging, so it's optional.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're missing gcc-arm. Guess the guide failed to mention you need that.
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi binutils-arm-none-eabi gdb-arm-none-eabi
The last package installed there is for debugging, so it's optional.
I tried to install it. It took 20 minutes, but it gave me this error :(:

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 436

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install it. It took 20 minutes, but it gave me this error :(:
That's fine. It's possible your repositories were out of sync, and that's my bad. I had you perform a cardinal sin by not telling you to update those first.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo dpkg -f
The first command will update your repositories, the second will fix the failed installation.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Should I do:
Code:
sudo apt-get update gcc-arm-none-eabi binutils-arm-none-eabi gdb-arm-none-eabi
sudo dpkg -f gcc-arm-none-eabi binutils-arm-none-eabi gdb-arm-none-eabi

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Should I do:
Code:
sudo apt-get update gcc-arm-none-eabi binutils-arm-none-eabi gdb-arm-none-eabi
sudo dpkg -f gcc-arm-none-eabi binutils-arm-none-eabi gdb-arm-none-eabi
No, you run them by themselves. Also, if the dpkg command doesn't work (I forgot this is Ubuntu, not Debian), you may have to run this instead.
Code:
sudo apt-get install -f
They do the same thing, but I think dpkg is part of aptitude, which Ubuntu doesn't come packaged with by default. Sorry, it's been a good while since I've messed around with the Ubuntu/Debian package manager.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Momoro

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright. So I did:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
And it got me the errors in the photos (the name of the photos are the command I typed).
It feels like I'm doing something awfully wrong.

Attachments

• sudo apt-get install -f.png
    sudo apt-get install -f.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 379
  • sudo apt-get update.png
    sudo apt-get update.png
    77 KB · Views: 329

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I did:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
And it got me the errors in the photos (the name of the photos are the command I typed).
Failed to fetch means your not connected to the internet

Reactions: Momoro

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Alright. So I did:
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
You're trying to run sudo as root. That could be the problem. If you're logged in as root, sudo isn't necessary. sudo is the command that allows regular users to issue root commands, so you may be getting a permissions error since root isn't in the sudoers group.
Failed to fetch means your not connected to the
Nah, it's a permission error I'm pretty sure. It's not able to create a file in a directory.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're trying to run sudo as root. That could be the problem. If you're logged in as root, sudo isn't necessary. sudo is the command that allows regular users to issue root commands, so you may be getting a permissions error since root isn't in the sudoers group.

Nah, it's a permission error I'm pretty sure. It's not able to create a file in a directory.
Huh. I removed [sudo] from both and tried to run it but I got the same errors for both of the commands.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols