Hacking HELP! with bricked wii

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have BootMii installed at Boot2, just hold the Reset button down when you power on the Wii.
You can then use your NAND backup (you did make one didn't you?)

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
If you have BootMii installed at Boot2, just hold the Reset button down when you power on the Wii.
You can then use your NAND backup (you did make one didn't you?)

You're confusing bootmii with preloader. Preloader can be loaded by holding reset while loading the system menu, bootmii installed as boot2 should automatically come up unless you configured it not to or don't have the bootmii folder on your sd card.

To the OP, knowing exactly what you did to brick the Wii would help diagnose what to do to fix it.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shpinxis said:
long story nad no one would understand but i just felt like updating my system even though i like new it was going to mess it up...so ya

everyone is saying i need my NAND backed up and unless an instalation i did automatically did it no i dont think i did do that

If you don't explain said story noone can help you. It's hard to diagnose anything without any info.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shpinxis said:
the reason why it bricked was because i did an update...

Through what? official update from the system menu settings? Disc update? Waninkoko's updater? What did you have on the system for said update to have cause a brick in the first place? CIOSCORP? downgrade from 4.0 before and disc updated with a game with the 3.4 update?

Do you have bootmii installed to boot2 or as an IOS?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shpinxis said:
i did a system update through the regular disc channel...

Ok you're getting somewhere now, so you updated from a disc. What game did you do this update from? Did you ever downgrade your system menu before from 4.0 or something? Did you have CIOSCORP?

And you still didn't answer whether you have bootmii installed to boot2 or as an IOS, but I'm gonna assume it's just as an IOS because it's clearly not helping you right now.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a downgrade brick. For any reason, did you downgrade your Wii's firmware to 3.2 through AnyRegionChanger after having a 4.0+ firmware? What guide did you originally follow to softmod your Wii?

If that's the case, you need to start checking to see if you have BootMii installed to boot2 or not. Remove the SD card, and start your Wii. If the disc LED flashes a couple of times, you're in luck. If it only does its normal quick one-time flash, then.. sorry.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shpinxis said:
no i dont know what game qould have given me the update....ill check the light flashing thing

and all i did was instal the twilight hack...get the HBC...then installed neo gamma

Well you said you did install CIOSCORP so that's clearly not "all you did". You did other stuff on your Wii, so don't skip details. They aren't minor things you did and NOTHING modifies your system even close to as much as CIOSCORP does.

Also the hackmii installer won't automatically install bootmii for you, it brings you to a menu where you can CHOOSE to install the HBC, CHOOSE to install dvdx, and CHOOSE to go into the bootmii menu and install it as either boot2 or IOS or both if your Wii allows it.

If you got a message on your system menu that said there is an update and clicked on that, that would NOT be the disc channel that you used to update. Not sure what that would've even tried to install. Possibly 4.1. But you shouldn't have gotten a message on your message board about any update if you weren't connected to the internet in the first place. Nor would it even be able to download any sort of update to install on your system without the internet, the only way you could have updated anything without internet would be through a game from the disc channel. So either you did that, or you had internet.

You need to be a lot more clear with what you did to your system or at least learn what you did yourself first and then come back when you can post something useful that isn't one line at a time saying "oh yea i did that".

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shpinxis said:
first of all your right im not sure exactly what all ive installed on my wii

heres what i did:

i am constantly connected to the internet and one day got a message in my inbox saying there was an update and when i went to the disc channel it wouldnt let me play games unless i updated...so i then disconnected from the internet then did the update

Ok so if you disconnected from the internet and clicked the update from the disc channel, then you updated from a game. Probably doesn't matter all that much, but do you know what game it was?

And since the brick occurred due to a disc update, did you ever downgrade your Wii to 3.2 or something after previously being on 4.0?

Do you know what version of CIOSCORP you had installed?

Try to answer everything in one post.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my word, people REALLY shouldn't soft mod their wii without reading up on things, ESPECIALLY not cioscorp... let me get this straight, you installed cioscorp, hbc, dvdx, and probably NOT bootmii or preloader... then did a disk update... well you're pretty much screwed. if thats what happened i doubt it can be fixed, please refrain from bricking your wii, then clogging up the forum with yet another "bricked wii" thread.

(edit: maybe savemii might work, but once again... unlikely, just follow the guide on site: here )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: