Misc Help with Blu-ray rips and AACS

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.S. Have I ever said that Linux sucks dog cock?

Hey guy find me the windows based hacking disc for my OG Xbox will ya.... No? How about finding me Disk Defrag on my Linux box's?? ..... No again?!?! I must be asking an awful lot..... xD.... childs gonna child.... keep away from the lighters jr... you might get burned or something...

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guy find me the windows based hacking disc for my OG Xbox will ya.... No? How about finding me Disk Defrag on my Linux box's?? ..... No again?!?! I must be asking an awful lot..... xD.... childs gonna child.... keep away from the lighters jr... you might get burned or something...
That isn't related to the thread. And no, the OG Xbox installer discs aren't based on Windows, but rather Linux.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If you wanna keep everything 1:1 I would say DVDFab (I don't like it, it feels so invasive)

Else I've never tried this myself. But MakeMKV, rip the whole disc to drive and then use something like IMGBurn and write "folder to disc". I've never tried this personally.

I might help you later to test out. I've got a Libredrive patched external bluray so I could try to rip and make an ISO to test.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you wanna keep everything 1:1 I would say DVDFab (I don't like it, it feels so invasive)

Else I've never tried this myself. But MakeMKV, rip the whole disc to drive and then use something like IMGBurn and write "folder to disc". I've never tried this personally.

I might help you later to test out. I've got a Libredrive patched external bluray so I could try to rip and make an ISO to test.
That's what I do with my BD discs. I use DVDFab to remove the protection and then MakeMKV for converting the chapters into video files.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Going back on topic, I just did a quick test of an unencrypted BD iso I had on my system, dumped using Passkey (one of DVDFab's tools) with VLC.

Overall it was usable, but it had it's issues, for example the chapter skip took me back to the copyright messages. This is also a fairly basic BD so I don't know how well some 'advanced' features will work e.g. PiP.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't tell you how to get it or where, but I use a copy of DVDFab 12.x and it always has AACS keys added to it with most releases. I've been able to archive my Blu-rays as MKV files for years, and it is very fast if you just want 1:1 copies without any transcoding.

...But if you do want to transcode them, I highly recommend having a GTX 10 series card as a minimum. My GTX 1060 does really well, ripping H.264 MKV at up to 800+ FPS before, but usually somewhere in the 200~600 FPS range realistically most of the time. So a newer card would really benefit ripping times. (Can't Speak for AMD though.)
Post automatically merged:

You know that MakeMKV can also remove the protection right? xD
Sometimes separate tools can do a single job better than 1 tool doing everything. I'll break up my projects among various tools at specific points for them to do their 1 thing, and then continue. Not every AIO solution is ideal with every task or goal.

Reactions: SylverReZ

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can't tell you how to get it or where, but I use a copy of DVDFab 12.x and it always has AACS keys added to it with most releases. I've been able to archive my Blu-rays as MKV files for years, and it is very fast if you just want 1:1 copies without any transcoding.

...But if you do want to transcode them, I highly recommend having a GTX 10 series card as a minimum. My GTX 1060 does really well, ripping H.264 MKV at up to 800+ FPS before, but usually somewhere in the 200~600 FPS range realistically most of the time. So a newer card would really benefit ripping times. (Can't Speak for AMD though.)

Sometimes separate tools can do a single job better than 1 tool doing everything. I'll break up my projects among various tools at specific points for them to do their 1 thing, and then continue. Not every AIO solution is ideal with every task or goal.
MakeMKV have this fantastic function that makes it remove protection on the fly even. So you can use any software you want as long as it works together with MakeMKV.

DVDFab is as you say an AIO tool. Sadly it's so freaking invasive on the system that I shy away from it.

I also can recommend "Findvuk" which downloads a new key database, or if you wanna do it manually - http://fvonline-db.bplaced.net/

If software (like VLC) is configed to read it, it will be able to decode the disks.

Navi4205_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You might be able to use something like K3B or Brasero to make a complete rip of whole disc as an ISO. I know that works for DVDs at least. As for playback, this aur package makemkv-libaacs alongside something like mpv or vlc usually works. I don't think MPV has menu support however, VLC does but I think it requires some form of java installed.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL @ people still recommending mkv when the op wants to keep the Blu-ray menus. DVDFab products have been mentioned by several people, including myself. It offers 1:1 decrypted isos and its player can play isos without mounting and with fully functioning menus. Pretty much end of story.

Reactions: Kwyjor

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
LOL @ people still recommending mkv when the op wants to keep the Blu-ray menus. DVDFab products have been mentioned by several people, including myself. It offers 1:1 decrypted isos and its player can play isos without mounting and with fully functioning menus. Pretty much end of story.
MakeMKV can keep the menus as well if you just straight rip it?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MakeMKV can keep the menus as well if you just straight rip it?

Yes, you're correct. Using the backup feature. Not sure what I was thinking about. Something got in my mind that MakeMKV only made mkvs. So it's just a compatible player they need then. A few have been mentioned that will correctly play the menus. Not sure if VLC still needs a bunch of extra rigamarole to play the menus properly, but I assume so since the latest comment stating it still works is less than a month old.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh they got a portable build now? Or is it a "homemade" version? ;)
Not sure what you mean by that, but it's been packaged by app crackers so that the installer pulls the latest version from the net, and "installs" it to the directory you chose, pre-cracked and ready for use. There's no "official" portable build, if that's what you meant.

I still wonder though if it will ever come out of beta, which will lock the BD stuff behind a paywall.
I used to pirate AnyDVD (and AnyDVD HD) back in the day, lol. It was simply too expensive to pay for back then, but was hella useful for stripping DVD copy protections on-the-fly when using Nero Recode 2.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not sure what you mean by that, but it's been packaged by app crackers so that the installer pulls the latest version from the net, and "installs" it to the directory you chose, pre-cracked and ready for use. There's no "official" portable build, if that's what you meant.
Ah malware builds, aight!

• Haha
Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto