GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I've always used NeoRame's Wii-ish Backup Loader channel, but after so much time it feels too Wii-ish XD Still, the other channels I found don't fit the Wii theme at all. So I'm doing my own Autoboot NeoGamma Channel, but I don't know which of these two I should use:

EDIT: I just uploaded the channels, they're here. There are versions for normal TVs and Widescreen TVs

WiiLoader-1.png

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would use the first one unless you are trying to get it to be officially called "Neo Loader". They both look really good. Did you create them in Photoshop?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
You should probably add a 2 pixel border around each disk of the same color as the center of the discs, and add 40% transparency, and use "Comic Sans" (or "Comic Sans MS") font to the "Wii Neo Loader", move it up about 6 or so pixels, and change it to "Wii Neo Backup Loader. You should also change the "Press 1 to change settings (etc.)" to maybe the Wii logo's shade of Gray - Maybe use Comic Sans for it too... (helvetica alternatively)...

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, I made them with Photoshop. The best image editor in my opinion
biggrin.gif

So I'll use the "loader" one, then. To say the truth I kinda liked it more, but I thought that just "loader" was too plain. I'll upload a WAD as soon as I'm done
smile.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
jceggbert5 said:
You should probably add a 2 pixel border around each disk of the same color as the center of the discs, and add 40% transparency, and use "Comic Sans" (or "Comic Sans MS") font to the "Wii Neo Loader", move it up about 6 or so pixels, and change it to "Wii Neo Backup Loader. You should also change the "Press 1 to change settings (etc.)" to maybe the Wii logo's shade of Gray - Maybe use Comic Sans for it too... (helvetica alternatively)...

I'll do that and see if it looks better. I'll stick with Loader or Neo Loader though, I like simplistic stuff.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, I tried doing that... it looks really nice, but because Wadder wads are a little low-res it probably wouldn't show up... anyway I'll upload both 4:3 and 16:9 wads one of these days (I got next week free, so I'm not really in a hurry
smile.gif
)

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anyone know how I could pack this in a wad so that the images stay hi-res? When I use Wadder the images are usually dumbed down, if you know what I mean (I used Wadder 2.something, I'll try version 3 to see if it makes any difference)

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind PMing me the PSD file??? If not, that's OK... I won't like make a channel or anything, I don't know how, and I wouldn't want to use your work as my own...

EDIT: I didn't notice you added the Rims... The only reason I suggested that is because it looks more realistic that way (look at a Wii Disc, and you'll see a small gray border on the edge - same goes for GameCube)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto