Help with a new Wii channel

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by davidsl_128, Oct 3, 2009.

Oct 3, 2009
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    I've always used NeoRame's Wii-ish Backup Loader channel, but after so much time it feels too Wii-ish XD Still, the other channels I found don't fit the Wii theme at all. So I'm doing my own Autoboot NeoGamma Channel, but I don't know which of these two I should use:

EDIT: I just uploaded the channels, they're here. There are versions for normal TVs and Widescreen TVs

[​IMG]

2. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I would use the first one unless you are trying to get it to be officially called "Neo Loader". They both look really good. Did you create them in Photoshop?

3. jceggbert5

Member jceggbert5 Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.

United States
    You should probably add a 2 pixel border around each disk of the same color as the center of the discs, and add 40% transparency, and use "Comic Sans" (or "Comic Sans MS") font to the "Wii Neo Loader", move it up about 6 or so pixels, and change it to "Wii Neo Backup Loader. You should also change the "Press 1 to change settings (etc.)" to maybe the Wii logo's shade of Gray - Maybe use Comic Sans for it too... (helvetica alternatively)...

4. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Yeah, I made them with Photoshop. The best image editor in my opinion [​IMG]

So I'll use the "loader" one, then. To say the truth I kinda liked it more, but I thought that just "loader" was too plain. I'll upload a WAD as soon as I'm done [​IMG]

5. jceggbert5

United States
    Never mind about the font change on the "Press 1 to change settings (etc.)" part...

6. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    I'll do that and see if it looks better. I'll stick with Loader or Neo Loader though, I like simplistic stuff.

7. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Well, I tried doing that... it looks really nice, but because Wadder wads are a little low-res it probably wouldn't show up... anyway I'll upload both 4:3 and 16:9 wads one of these days (I got next week free, so I'm not really in a hurry [​IMG] )

8. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Does anyone know how I could pack this in a wad so that the images stay hi-res? When I use Wadder the images are usually dumbed down, if you know what I mean (I used Wadder 2.something, I'll try version 3 to see if it makes any difference)

9. jceggbert5

United States
    Would you mind PMing me the PSD file??? If not, that's OK... I won't like make a channel or anything, I don't know how, and I wouldn't want to use your work as my own...

EDIT: I didn't notice you added the Rims... The only reason I suggested that is because it looks more realistic that way (look at a Wii Disc, and you'll see a small gray border on the edge - same goes for GameCube)

10. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    PM sent. If you want, I can make a channel with whatever image you make and give credit to both of us.

11. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    I just uploaded the channels, they're here.