Hacking Help with a 3d cover in Loadiine

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have about 20 games on Loadiine using the 3D cover carousel and all of them look perfect except Fatal Frame V Maiden of the Black Water (aka Project Zero) There's white behind it that makes it look awful. I've tried editing programs but have been unsuccessful. Here is what I mean

ljuoEYb.jpg

As you can see the rest of the games don't have this problem I don't know why this one does. How would I be able to remove the white parts? For some reason every cover for this game I've tried does the same thing. Maybe it's petty but it bothers me alot.

thank you

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

You can use programs called Paint.NET (Windows) or GIMP (Windows/Mac/Linux) to fix this.
What you want to do is select all of the white (you can use the fuzzy select tool in GIMP, or the magic wand in Paint.NET)
Once you've selected them, you can use the eraser to erase the white in GIMP, or the fill tool in Paint.NET (make sure that alpha is set to zero, and the blend mode (top toolbar) is set to Overwrite).
In GIMP, you will now want to click on File -> Overwrite 'filename.png' or on Paint.NET, File -> Save.

Feel free to research more on this topic, as this is an over-simplified set of instructions.

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with both but still was unsuccessful. In paint.net I could not find where I'm supposed to set alpha to zero and didn't see a blend mode that I could choose overwrite. In gimp I followed the instructions but the white remained. I hate to ask but maybe you could do it? Here is the pic it's too big the size needs to be 320 by 530. I think maybe the only way would be to resize it where there's nothing but it needs to be resized in a funky shape because it's not an exact shape.

AL5E01_zpsb80xcdf4.png

Last edited by ,

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried with both but still was unsuccessful. In paint.net I could not find where I'm supposed to set alpha to zero and didn't see a blend mode that I could choose overwrite. In gimp I followed the instructions but the white remained. I hate to ask but maybe you could do it? Here is the pic it's too big the size needs to be 320 by 530. I think maybe the only way would be to resizxe it where there's nothing but it needs to be resized in a funk shape because it's not an exact shape.

Try this one
AL5E01.png

Last edited by oldsk00l,

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That was the first one I tried days ago but I did try it again and I figured something out the size of that one is too small for the rest of my covers it's 176 horizontal 248 vertical but the rest of my covers are 320 horizonal 530 vertical so it's way too small although it doesn't show the white but when I re-size it to 320 by 530 it shows the white background again. The other one I posted was way too large and when I resize it same problem.

Last edited by ,

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That was the first one I tried days ago but I did try it again and I figured something out the size of that one is too small for the rest of my covers it's 176 horizontal 248 vertical but the rest of my covers are 320 horizonal 530 vertical so it's way too small although it doesn't show the white but when I re-size it to 320 by 530 it shows the white background again. The other one I posted was way too large and when I resize it same problem.

It's my own cover. I've edited yours - tell me if it works.

AL5E01.png

Reactions: EmulateLife

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Used Photoshop CC and as i opened your picture it told me, that the used "color space" isn't correct.
So i rejected the color space, set it to RGB, resized and a resolution of 72 - saved :D

D

Deleted User

The probable reason that the white was showing up was due to the program you used to scale the image. The program you used obviously doesn't support alpha-based transparency. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o