[Help]vWii Homebrew Channel with gamepad support ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by wflygm, Feb 20, 2019.

1. wflygm
    OP

wflygm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    China
    Hi all!
    First of all, thank you for reading it.

I want to play Gamecube games with wiiu gamepad. I know Nintendont forwarder vwii wup can do it.

But I am very unlucky, my wiiu can't use it. As the following post says black screen

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-play-gamecube-ps1-n64-games-from-the-wiiu-gamepad.489122/

Note: For some users, the game may result in a black screen. As of right now, there is no explanation to this phenomenon or how to fix it. If this is the case, you won't be able to use method 1 or 2 in this section. Use the "All in One" method instead in Section III below as a workaround.

So I can only use 'Section III', But there is a problem, the author removed the download link (WIIU Gamepad) HBC.rar because of copyright issues.

I can't find 'vWii Homebrew Channel with gamepad support'
    I think this should be a 'wup HBC'

And run "Homebrew Channel" from the Wii U home menu that you just installed. It will ask if you want to use the gamepad as a controller.

I don't have this, and I won't make it. I know another post, @FIX94 has provided the production method.

gbatemp.net/threads/v-wii-homebrew-channel-open-sourced.450288/page-6 #113

But I don't understand. I have been looking for it(HBC WUP vWii Homebrew Channel with gamepad support) for a week.

If you anyone give me some help, I will be very grateful.
    thank you for everyone

My mail address is wflygm@gmail.com

2. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Use vc injects. They are bootable from the wii u os. And works fine. In my opinion.

3. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Addict

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Hey @ploggy did we have a working hbc wup with gamepad support?

4. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    this happens to me with vc forwarders. a workaround i use is launching just nintendont through a forwarder first, then home button back to wii u menu then the forwarders work. something besides the gc vc must be launched in vwii first for some reason.

5. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    What? No? They can be launched directly from the wii u menu.

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    OP you probably did what I did. Installed the forwarder to USB if so delete it and reinstall it to Nand. That's why black screen.

7. wflygm
    OP

wflygm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    China
    Thank you for your reply .I know that there is this method. ‘gamecube iso converted to Wii U mode’ But I prefer to use gamecube iso directly.
    And my HHD has no space.But my sd card still has a lot of space. so I hope have a working hbc wup with gamepad support.
    Thank you again for your reply .

8. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Did you read my reply? Try to install it to nand. Make sure you delete the one installed to usb first.

9. wflygm
    OP

wflygm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    China
    I know
    Installed to nand. it does not work.
    After running, when the 'Wii' screen appears, it becomes a black screen, and can only be turned off, but I can use Nintendont in vWii.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I very much hope to get this file. If you can send me a copy.I will be very grateful. @wicksand420 @ploggy
    My mail address is wflygm@gmail.com

wicksand420 likes this.
  10. BaamAlex

BaamAlex GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    And why? Is there such a difference?

11. wflygm
    OP

wflygm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    China
    vc: ISO needs to convert and WUP needs to be installed. Of course this is not important.
    Mainly my hard drive and Nand has no space. Wup cannot be installed to SD card
    I have a 128G SD card

ISO only needs to be pasted into SD card

12. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    @wflygm If I may ask, is your vwii hacked? How or what method did you use to hack it? I was just wondering because I saw many people who had your same problem when this method of wiiware/wii game/gamecube injection came out.

13. wflygm
    OP

wflygm Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2019
    China
    Thank you.

My vwii has been hacked. I did it a long time ago.

The process

1 Wii U ——Homebrew Channel —— wuphax.elf v1.1u3 by FIX94

2 Press A to backup Mii Channel

3 vWii —— Mii Channel has Homebrew Channel

4 Wii U ——Homebrew Channel —— wuphax.elf v1.1u3 by FIX94

5 Press B to restore

6 vWii —— Homebrew Channe —— Dump Mii NAND backup NAND

7 d2x cIOS installer cIOS,

cIOS: <d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii>
    cIOS base : <56>
    cIOS slot : <249>

Select cIOS :<d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii>
    cIOS base : <57>
    cIOS slot : <250>

Select cIOS :<d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii>
    cIOS base : <58>
    cIOS slot : <251>

I always thought it was just WIIU difference, I am very unlucky, but I hope more is not.

Note: For some users, the game may result in a black screen. As of right now, there is no explanation to this phenomenon or how to fix it. If this is the case, you won't be able to use method 1 or 2 in this section. Use the "All in One" method instead in Section III below as a workaround.

wicksand420 likes this.
  14. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I do have it installed on my wii u, but I can't find the wup files. Last year one of my hdd's crapped out and it may have been on there. @cucholix maybe you remember, if I remember correctly, this can be easily done with TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector.

15. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    wicksand420 likes this.
  16. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Yes, That's right, it was different hbc. I'm rusty on the wii u scene also. I wonder if fix will ever get into the switch scene?

ploggy likes this.
  17. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Does he even have a Switch? :P he would def be a credit to the Switch scene if he ever crossed over.

wicksand420 likes this.
  18. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I'm not sure if he has a switch, But I'd say if I got one and you got one, chances are he got one too.

ploggy likes this.