I bought a modded Wii some time back that came with a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB and USB Loader GX installed. The USB was formatted to NTFS and the games were put inside a wbfs folder but simply as Game Name [GAMEID].wbfs The games would load and work flawlessly, but I wanted to add more so I tried another USB I owned- the games wouldn’t load- at times I would be sent to the Wii System Menu and at others the screen would just turn black with no way of revovering except forcing the Wii to shut down by unplugging it. At first the games would work if I opened them firstly on the USB the Wii came with and then copying them to my own USB, but after a while that stopped working too. I thought maybe it was the USB’s fault so I recently bought a SanDisk Cruzer Blade with the only difference being the one I bought has a storage of 128GB. The issue still persists. I tried formatting the USB to FAT32 using AOMEI Partition Manger (the USB itself only has exFAT and NTFS as formatting options), I tried putting the games in the USB using the folder with Game Name [GAMEID] and then the game file with just Game Name.wbfs still nothing changed. The ‘original’ USB still works and loads games flawlessly, I have no idea what the problem could be.
I bought a modded Wii some time back that came with a SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB and USB Loader GX installed. The USB was formatted to NTFS and the games were put inside a wbfs folder but simply as Game Name [GAMEID].wbfs The games would load and work flawlessly, but I wanted to add more so I tried another USB I owned- the games wouldn’t load- at times I would be sent to the Wii System Menu and at others the screen would just turn black with no way of revovering except forcing the Wii to shut down by unplugging it. At first the games would work if I opened them firstly on the USB the Wii came with and then copying them to my own USB, but after a while that stopped working too. I thought maybe it was the USB’s fault so I recently bought a SanDisk Cruzer Blade with the only difference being the one I bought has a storage of 128GB. The issue still persists. I tried formatting the USB to FAT32 using AOMEI Partition Manger (the USB itself only has exFAT and NTFS as formatting options), I tried putting the games in the USB using the folder with Game Name [GAMEID] and then the game file with just Game Name.wbfs still nothing changed. The ‘original’ USB still works and loads games flawlessly, I have no idea what the problem could be.
I'm not super knowledgeable and I'm still learning myself, but you've been waiting for a response, and I figure at worst it just won't help, but at best, it could help and its worth a shot! 1.) Generally speaking, the paths/packaging should be:(source/more info: here @ wii.hacks.guide)
root (SD card or USB)
┗ wbfs
┣ GameName [GameID] (for non-split titles)
┃ ┗ gameid.wbfs
┣ GameName [GameID] (for split titles)
┃ ┣ gameid.wbfs
┃ ┗ gameid.wbf1
┗ Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01]
┣ RSBE01.wbfs
┗ RSBE01.wbf1
Though, this often doesn't make much of a difference, at least with Wiiflow, unless changed when the data is already cached, then reloading the cache or deleting it to create a fresh one may be necessary. I have USBLoaderGX, but I don't really use it... It's still best to follow these conventions. 2.) You may need to try launching the games using different IOS slots.
Select the game that isn't working.
Click Settings.
Select Game Load.
Scroll down to Game IOS.
Enter the IOS slot to use.
Try using 248, 249, 250 or 251.
Press OK and try to load the game.
3.) Are you attempting to use both USBs and USB ports at the same time?(img from: here @ gbatemp)
I'm not sure about the specifics of this one, but I don't think it's as straightforward as just utilizing them like that, it is dependent what cIOS you install in what slot and so on. You may need post a system check to ensure you're properly configured. I'm not even sure you can use two storage devices in the USB slots at once, as compared to a peripheral and a storage device, again, I'm not sure about the specifics.
Generally though, you should be using Port0, the slot closest to the outside/bottom of the Wii, or if the Wii is lying down, it would be the closest to the surface it is laying on/bottom of Wii.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...