Hardware Misc help! the screen of my 2ds turns off and on

Bartsinso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
the screen of my 2ds turns off and on without doing anything, even on the home screen and also while I play games and it's annoying and concerning me, also the touch screen is crashing a lot (errdisp)

Last edited by Bartsinso,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's probably hardware failure. Not sure what else you're expecting.

Unless you're comfortable opening these things up and tinkering with the interior, you'll probably have to find a local repairperson.

Reactions: Bartsinso

Bartsinso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
That's probably hardware failure. Not sure what else you're expecting.

Unless you're comfortable opening these things up and tinkering with the interior, you'll probably have to find a local repairperson.
Ouch, I don't know anyone who could repair it, and I'm also afraid of ruining my 2DS, but thanks anyway.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Old 2DS turning screen on/off constantly could be a problem with the sleep switch (internally, not the plastic part on the outside). Electronics cleaner for the internal switch could help. If that fails: Solder in a new one.

Sadly the 2|3DS family is aging and shows more and more stupid issues. Repairing will be required on many of them so "just getting another one" is not a (real) solution.

That1LoserGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't take this as advice, seriously, don't, but could the ribbon cables be a problem? i know that it probably isn't the issue because the 2ds has no hinges, but even if it doesn't, they could still be coming loose, right? again, correct me if i'm wrong.

Last edited by That1LoserGuy,
Reactions: Bartsinso

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1