Hardware Help: New 2ds XL Top screen flashes white then immediately turns off

Laggy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I replaced the top screen of my 2ds XL because it cracked, it was working for a little while. But now when I try to turn it on the top screen flashes white and then goes out. Nothing happens on the bottom screen, also no blue light or sound. When I charge it, it does get an orange light. I tried reseating and cleaning the cables but it's still doing the same thing. Other details - It was homebrewed, and the touchscreen connector on the board broke. (Even though it was working without the touch screen).

Maxwellp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe that either means the ribbon cable of the bottom screen or camera are not seated properly(or broken.)

The charge light could ve a separate issue. Use a multimeter to check there is continuity between the f1 and f2 fuses.

Reactions: Laggy

Msama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the exact same issue on my New 3DS XL (except that the blue light works)

It seems related to the displays because:
- Holding Start+Select+X to dump boot9.bin works (because it keeps the screens off)
- Turning on the console while it's closed works (but turns off right after because Luma config menu turns off the console when you close the lid (wtf why))

It seems that as soon as the displays are powered on, the top screen flashes and the console turns off instantly. There's no visual damage on the ribbons, and they're seated properly. It used to work before it stayed like 3 years on a shelf without touching it so I don't know how it would be physically damaged.
I also have a broken touchscreen connector, but like OP, it used to work this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto