2DS screen turning off and on

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Whenever I'm playing Animal Crossing, the screen on my 2DS turns off and on again. I'm concerned if this means that something is wrong with my 2DS. Can someone help?

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Whenever I'm playing Animal Crossing, the screen on my 2DS turns off and on again. I'm concerned if this means that something is wrong with my 2DS. Can someone help?

Could be a number of things from a dirty/failing/temperamental sleep switch, to a loose or dying battery, corrupt game install, problems with the power saving function (from what i've read elsewhere).

Reactions: BigOnYa

PeterL29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't create duplicate threads, and don't randomly post in bold text.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/2ds-screen-turning-on-and-off.644717/

If no one's replying to your thread, then no one knows. Think about how you can provide more information.
Sorry.
Could be a number of things from a dirty/failing/temperamental sleep switch, to a loose or dying battery, corrupt game install, problems with the power saving function (from what i've read elsewhere).
Okay, interesting. I'm currently trying to reinstall it right now and haven't run into any issues, so it might be a corrupt game install.

Reactions: ILuvGames

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what you mean exactly. If you mean the long game boot time with the LCD turning off and on again then that's normal on old 2DS/3DS consoles because the system reboots to free up more RAM for games that request it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol