Hacking Help T-T

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about using the Action Replay App that Buzbee made for the homebrew channel =O it pretty much the same as Gecko OS, kinda like the action replay for the DS, an its Harvest Moon MM =3 just no wanna pass out X-x I don't pay attention till I hit the ground...
wacko.gif
but I will fallow your guide gorge =D I'll let you know tomorrow because today is mother's day XP gotta spend time with family, if you guys want I can list you to the Action Replay app for the wii if you want =3 but I gotta state that its Buzbee's

An P.S. for gorge :wtf: when I run Gecko OS on my wii 4.2u it just goes to black screen an freezes...V.V

here's the link- Credit to Buz~!

http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php/...!!!!

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mikiasie - The best i can say right now is to just follow that guide in the link you posted. It does disclose that some 3rd party memory cards will not work either, but any nintendo brand memory will not work. You'll also need the save transfer thing, and i remember only one homebrew app to do that but it worked only with 3.2 i think, i dont think it work with the new versions but i'll do my own snooping for any apps that can do this.

I'm going to investigate your deal with Gecko OS. Gecko isn't exactly designed for GC disks. Does your Gecko OS do this to wii games also?

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does do it to wii games, goes to black screen V.V... D= I've installed Gecko OS an homebrew before when I had 3.2 so far I'm going to fallow Blue's downgrading with Dop Mi and then your guide gorge! But I did fallow HG guide just that when he gets to the part where he says run the MIOS Patcher to get Action Replay to work the wii say "Not A Valid Application!" an exits X-x I've also been looking on google yet no one seems to be having an issue with 4.2u =( ... the only issue is if I downgrade I'll having to go up an down with updates -.-...mom wants to be able to still play band hero...

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... Your trying to use gecko OS with band hero correct?

It may be theres a compatibility issue involving band hero and gecko os. Homebrew isn't perfect so this is entirely possible. Try all the settings with gecko os on band hero first ok? After that, and you still get a black screen, try any other wii game and see if it works alright?

I'm glad to help when you need it. Also for your mother, if she wants to be able to still play band hero you might as well not downgrade, it'll become too much of a hassle downgrading and upgrading just to be able to play a game.

Edit:

I want to be able to say this now that i've done my own research with AR for GC games on the wii and i'll tell you right now, that its a losing battle for the most part. No one seems to have gotten one entirely working (I highly doubt anyone has got one working at all)

Though, if your determined (And im pretty sure you are xD) then you should keep looking for anything relating. But through my experience AR on the wii just doesn't work. You'd have better luck finding a GC and an AR on the internet and using cheats that way.

As for the 4.2u thing, you could try installing a WII GAME back up loader to your system. With all the cIOS patches that need to be done, your wii would most likely become much more homebrew ready.

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kies here's the whole layout :wtf:'... just trying to get Gecko OS an Action Replay Loader to work, they both don't XP can't get Gecko OS to work on any game an can't MIOS patch to get the Action Replay. Now...I would downgrade to get them to work...but if I downgrade then my wii won't be able to play Band Hero ( my wii is currently 4.2u and Guitar Hero 3 Legends of Rock load to black screen right now an same with Wii Sports) so if I did downgrade to get those apps to work then Band Hero wouldn't work...then I'd have to update to 4.2u again to just play that game...:wtf:'...wow...why did they even invent a wii update...?
cry.gif

sad.gif

P.S. I have gotten the Action Replay GCN Loader to work on my wii when it was 3.2 X-x' seemed fine but in truth I may just keep it at 4.2u an play fair XD now the only issue is just figuring out why "Guitar Hero 3" an "Wii Sports" no work... they both load into a black screen no bzz from the wii or anything :wtf:' just sits there...dark...

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is a regular boot? Such as disk into CD drive and load from the CD channel?

Hm...It could be a problem with your disk...=( tahts something i cant fix...im sorry...

EDIT:

Its been joyful to speak to you again... Anyhow, if you feel playing fair is best then that probably is best. Like i said, sometimes installing back up loaders make everything work but idk. Hope you'll stay safe and such =)...

If you ever need help involving homebrew and wii, dont feel afraid to contact me.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get the download from the youtube description already posted in this thread. it contains everything you need software-wise to cheat with action replay. if you get the "this is not a valid wii blablabla" message, then look around in the rar for another dol.

if you dont already have a GC memory card with the action replay cheats on it, you will need to grab a tool off wiibrew to slap the gci or whatever file on your memory card.

for cheating with geckoOS on gamecube games, you need either a way to boot GC homebrew or a way to boot the geckoOS GC disc. there is nowhere i see to load cheats from within this geckoOS, but i can hook the game fine and upload cheats from my pc with usb gecko.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess if you cant find your way through 5 files in a rar archive, then you probably cant figure out how to select cheats in action replay. its just a quick user-proficiency test.

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could suggest again... I always have a hell of a lot more luck with homebrew when I install a back up loader of sorts. Hold on a second while I find a guide.

http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/USB-Loader

Follow this guide. You'll be able to play backups (downloaded wii games) as a benefit of this. Courtesy of a friend of mine, not only that but some of the stuff that this program needs to run will probably allow more homebrew to run on your wii.

Tell me if you have any luck!

~ Hyosuke for finding the guide ~ Hyosuke for finding any future needed guides ~

Hyosuke managed to find another guide for his personal favorite loader. He says it loads much better than others being you have full control of everything. It comes from our own GBAtemp and credit goes to oggzee

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147638

As I said, with most of the stuff that comes with installing a loader, you unlock more homebrew freedom per se.

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...I'll keep trying...just that I did fallow the guide in video but the MIOS Patcher that he had won't load for me X-x just sits in a black screen...my wii is so picky sometimes...

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could make a stupid suggestion. Why not tell your wii that you are its master and you will slap it across the face if it does not accept that?

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno XP just that everyone elses wii works fine while mine has issues =( kinda isn't fair....an still no dice on the MIOS Patcher (an I've used this patcher before) XP

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I get the serial number on your wii? Particularly if its an LU64 wii, just check the underside or somewhere on the actual device.

Mikiasie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well pune if you remember you did say "its not gonna work on a wii with official updates to 4.2. the mios after like 3.2 killed action replay. youve gotta patch it or downgrade it.

and yes, that link from pepxl is the one i used and it works fine. "-giantpune

XP my wii has been getting official updates so right now its an "Official Version 4.2u" so its not a "user" error =P I've used MIOS before an have gotten the replay to work before too. I'm not that dumb XP you also said it works fine on a 4.2u but it won't work fine on an official update 4.2u an my wii is not a lu64 its a "LU32" not lu64

gorge464

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps now would be a good time to end this since no progress was made for the most part... We could continue if you'd want.

Miki, perhaps gecko os is just one of those apps thats being stupid and the same goes for...hold on...

I keep repeating that installing a backup loader would probably help and I just a quick little research thing. People have been getting some luck by installing the trucha bug restorer. If I could suggest again miki, you should use the trucha bug or just downright install a backup loader. Then tell us if anything has changed.

I seem to remember somewhere, that theres a softmod package as well, might try looking for that alright =3

Also you may want to look at this...here hold on...

QUOTE said:
System Menu 4.2 - DO NOT UPDATE!
« on: September 29, 2009, 04:33:11 am »
Link:
Sometimes, I can only link to another page. The update effects this time are critical, thus it is recommended NOT(!) to update at the current time.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu_4.2

In case WiiBrew is down, the results of updating would be:
Homebrew Channel for the first time will get uninstalled
BootMii will get removed, it seems to rewrite boot2!
cIOS will be overwritten!
bannerbomb is fixed! Indiana pwns or Stack Smash (USA only) should work!
WiiBrew says "deletes most homebrew" so I guess that also includes custom channels!

I guess that says everything. Thanks to TwilightErik!

What's to be hoped for: maybe someone (waninkoko probably won't as he left the scene) will write a system menu updater which installs the menu but leaves most homebrew on the disc. This is however based on the assumption that 4.2 removes stuff on install - if it does on every start.. then we're reaching Xbox 1 levels with modified menus!

K further edit, miki would you please check your gecko OS version for me? I probably wont help much but do go to the wiibrew link up there on information for 4.2 perhaps it'll help you come to a solution.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mikiasie said:
blablabla...

my wii is 4.2u
this will not work on official 4.2 firmware
you must patch or downgrade your mios.
i patched my mios
that patched mios is no longer official