Hacking (Help)Pokémon Sun/Moon crashes and corrupts on first time launch

Shadiclink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So I have tried playing Pokemon moon for the first time, on the gateway flash cart, and pretty much as the title says, the game just hangs after asking me not to turn off. I had my private header injected via GatewayRomPatcher and tried redoing it over and over with no luck. Can anyone please help?

SysNand- 9.0.0.20E
EmuNand - 11.2.0E

UPDATE: Found a fix!
  • You have to change the card type of the .3ds file form card type 1 to card type 2.
  • You can use the "card1to2.exe" application(just google it)
  • You have to open your ".3ds" file using the "card1to2.exe" application.
  • Once the Command Prompt(cmd) opens, press "1" once and "Enter" TWICE.
  • The second "Enter" should close the Command Prompt.
  • And afterwards you can inject your private header using GatewayRomPatcher(just google it) in order to play online or just load it on your Gateway cart and play offline.
Thanks to
@mijuu

Last edited by Shadiclink,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I have already tried that. After doing so I am getting black screen when opening my game.
have some free space in the microsd, maybe 2 gb free
or delete old save file from internal 3ds sd card "titleid".sav
final file must be 4gb and microsd formatted as ExFat

Last edited by dsrules,

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti Piracy checks make S/M not work on Gateway and Sky3DS. Install a cia, buy from eShop or buy a cart and get Luma3DS.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti Piracy checks make S/M not work on Gateway and Sky3DS. Install a cia, buy from eShop or buy a cart and get Luma3DS.

Are you sure about that? The person who posted the tutorial on making S/M work with Gateway had pictures showing it worked on his end at least, and some replies showed that it worked with them. I'm an exception, I'm wondering if it's the type of dump. Using Decrypt9 I used the "Dump cart (full)" option. Does it have to be decrypted, as in using "Dump and decrypt cart (full)"?

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure about that? The person who posted the tutorial on making S/M work with Gateway had pictures showing it worked on his end at least, and some replies showed that it worked with them. I'm an exception, I'm wondering if it's the type of dump. Using Decrypt9 I used the "Dump cart (full)" option. Does it have to be decrypted, as in using "Dump and decrypt cart (full)"?
I did not know of a tutorial. I only know that unmodified games have AP checks that fail on Gateway and Sky3DS

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
That did not work as well...

i HAD THE SAME ISSUES BLACK SCREEN AFTER CONVERTING.

When you drag the rom onto the cmd prompt you need to hit ENTER TWICE for it to properly convert, delete the .sav off the sd card and edit the header 98 to signify it is a card 2 game, it should then work.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i HAD THE SAME ISSUES BLACK SCREEN AFTER CONVERTING.

When you drag the rom onto the cmd prompt you need to hit ENTER TWICE for it to properly convert, delete the .sav off the sd card and edit the header 98 to signify it is a card 2 game, it should then work.

What do you mean by "edit the header 98?"

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by mijuu,

Shadiclink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
OMFGGG It actually worked! That seems very important, let me edit this thread so others may find help.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My issue was solved too, it involved the usage of private headers, dumping them from the Sun/Moon carts. All I had to do was change the header as stated before, but the issue turned out to be the name of the headers. Decrypt9 has the cart ID and then "private" next to it. I removed "private" and used the rom patcher, that's it. Save was corrupted still, but this time got to delete it, and now it works 100%.

Last edited by RustInPeace,
Reactions: Shadiclink

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...