Hacking Help picking a flashcart please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil vs manbot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have old R4 from back in the day that I use wood with but it does not support SDHC so I'm looking to upgrade. I have a DS lite. The main thing I care about is game compatibility and how fast firmware updates come out. What would be the best cart for me? Thanks!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's two good choices for you.

First is the Supercard DStwo, it's a bit pricy but it's game compatibiliity is pretty much perfect thanks to it's anti-piracy circumvention. It has a lot of other features too, but it's still the best at just playing DS games.

Second is the Acekard 2i, it's unofficial AKAIO firmware is brilliant, it has it's own anti-anti-piracy which improves compatibility, and regular updates.

They're both SDHC, and both have great compatibility.
If you're in america, I suggest www.realhotstuff.com, if not, try gamekool.com

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
inb4Rydian copy/paste:

It depends on what you want. If you want great homebrew and whatnot, then the DSTWO. With it's extra chip in it, it auto bypasses antipiracy in games. It'll set you back about $35.00.

Or if you just want a card that will get the job done, Acekard 2.1. It's $15.00 and with AKAIO 1.8.1, it has bypass antipiracy as well. Not as "full" and "complete" as the DSTWO's, but it still plays all the latest games no problem.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evil vs manbot said:
Hello, I have old R4 from back in the day that I use wood with but it does not support SDHC so I'm looking to upgrade. I have a DS lite. The main thing I care about is game compatibility and how fast firmware updates come out. What would be the best cart for me? Thanks!

You have two options:

1) Get the Acekard2i which supports Micro SDHC cards. I think you can get the flash cart for around $13-15. I'm not sure about the updates, but it's probably monthly updates (AKAIO). The Acekard2i is your typical, non-fancy flash cart that'll let you play almost any game - whether they're new or old - with near-perfect compatibility.

2) Your other option is to get a Supercard DSTWO which also supports Micro SDHC cards. The Supercard DSTWO is a pricy (prices range from $33-40) but fancy flash cart that has many features included. Features such as Real-Time-Save, Real-Time-Game-Guide, Real-Time-Cheat, and Free Cheat are included. It has a HIGH (I guess you can say 99.5-99.9%) game compatibility, so you can play new and old games without any problems or difficulties. The Supercard DSTWO also has its own official GBA and SNES Emulators that are yet to be perfect, but it's still good nonetheless. EOS updates are released monthly. If very popular games do not work, a patch/fix is released immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o