Help picking a flashcart please.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by evil vs manbot, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2010
  1. evil vs manbot
    OP

Newcomer evil vs manbot Newbie

United States
    Hello, I have old R4 from back in the day that I use wood with but it does not support SDHC so I'm looking to upgrade. I have a DS lite. The main thing I care about is game compatibility and how fast firmware updates come out. What would be the best cart for me? Thanks!

2. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    Supercard DS2 or Acekard2i. 'Nuf said

3. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    There's two good choices for you.

First is the Supercard DStwo, it's a bit pricy but it's game compatibiliity is pretty much perfect thanks to it's anti-piracy circumvention. It has a lot of other features too, but it's still the best at just playing DS games.

Second is the Acekard 2i, it's unofficial AKAIO firmware is brilliant, it has it's own anti-anti-piracy which improves compatibility, and regular updates.

They're both SDHC, and both have great compatibility.
    If you're in america, I suggest www.realhotstuff.com, if not, try gamekool.com

4. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    inb4Rydian copy/paste:

It depends on what you want. If you want great homebrew and whatnot, then the DSTWO. With it's extra chip in it, it auto bypasses antipiracy in games. It'll set you back about $35.00.

Or if you just want a card that will get the job done, Acekard 2.1. It's $15.00 and with AKAIO 1.8.1, it has bypass antipiracy as well. Not as "full" and "complete" as the DSTWO's, but it still plays all the latest games no problem.

5. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    You have two options:

1) Get the Acekard2i which supports Micro SDHC cards. I think you can get the flash cart for around $13-15. I'm not sure about the updates, but it's probably monthly updates (AKAIO). The Acekard2i is your typical, non-fancy flash cart that'll let you play almost any game - whether they're new or old - with near-perfect compatibility.

2) Your other option is to get a Supercard DSTWO which also supports Micro SDHC cards. The Supercard DSTWO is a pricy (prices range from $33-40) but fancy flash cart that has many features included. Features such as Real-Time-Save, Real-Time-Game-Guide, Real-Time-Cheat, and Free Cheat are included. It has a HIGH (I guess you can say 99.5-99.9%) game compatibility, so you can play new and old games without any problems or difficulties. The Supercard DSTWO also has its own official GBA and SNES Emulators that are yet to be perfect, but it's still good nonetheless. EOS updates are released monthly. If very popular games do not work, a patch/fix is released immediately.

6. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco
    R4i Gold (R4iDS.cn) with Wood or Acekard 2i with Akaio!

7. evil vs manbot
    OP

Newcomer evil vs manbot Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

8. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Get acekard2i akaio is so cool

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    And if you have any further questions, you could always check Here.

Happy Hunting!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.