Hardware Oldies Help pc keeps shutting it self down and overheating!

NeoGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi does any one know how to stop my laptop from overheating. i tried the though the bios but my bios are form 2012 so that doesn't the cpu and gpu gets over 80c or even 90c just browsing the internet! this is really a problem.

cpu and gpu: amd a6-3400 with radeon hd graphics 1.4 ghz

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Using soldering iron to join the batteries together. If I am understanding correctly, from the reply, it is okay to use a soldering iron, but not for prolong period of time. Must be quick.

I agree with JDbye.
Don't, just don't.
Unless you're a trained professional, never dick around with lithium batteries.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or through the update there are now some missconfiguration, especially the fan. But iam not sure if this really could be.

Normaly Windows takes the fan information out of the bios. If there is none configurable, take a Windows tool. There are some available.

If u tested or checked every mentioned possibilty in this thread, my last thought is improving the airflow. Check for a stronger fan. There are for sure some with higher airflow with same Powerconsumption.
And/or build in a channel where the air flows, if possible.

If u change something u can use the utility hwmonitor to check if differences take effect.

Last edited by Sypherone,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. Do not do this. By the time the solder melts you have already heated up the cell beyond safe limits, because the battery sinks the heat away from the solder point. It's very likely you will see smoke, or worse.
You don't want to risk a fire later on when the batteries are left unattended while charging, such as at night or when you're not at home. It's not worth risking your home and your life over.

I agree with JDbye.
Don't, just don't.
Unless you're a trained professional, never dick around with lithium batteries.

Don't worry, I don't plan on it and thank you both for confirming my original statement.
Perhaps something like this would be a good way to join the batteries together, especially for the non expert people.

Last edited by RandomUser,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-