HELP: old r4i gold v1.4 kernel

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by wanderlover, Feb 27, 2015.

1. wanderlover
    OP

wanderlover Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2015
    Hi there!
    I hope someone can help me :(
    i got an old DS (blue one) still 100% working, and i got an old r4i gold v1.4 (r4i-gold.com), now i wanted to play some games but i got problems getting the kernel for this r4i, i looked in r4i-gold.com, the page does not exist, then i discovered that the new page for this is r4i-gold.me, there i got some links for r4igold kernel 1.72b and when i tried to download it, it says the the page is not available. To be honest i alredy google it, and got no luck, if some one know about a page that have the kernel for my r4i or maybe you already have it, pls help me out. Thanks!

2. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    you can probably find the firmware you need here:

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Search by the url on your R4 sticker. Don't use firmwares from other R4 clones, it will give you an error or not work at all.

LoganVirusX likes this.
  3. wanderlover
    OP

wanderlover Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2015
    Thanks! Downloaded the one for my card it seems to be working fine, quick questions, do you think that is possi le to update this card so i can use it with a dsi 1.4.3?

4. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    R4 clones tend to not have updateable firmwares, that is why they tend to cost less than 15 dollars or less. The linfox site only has the system files for you to run your game not any updates to the R4 clone itself.

Because the R4 site printed on your card is gone, any updates it would have had are basically gone. You would have to buy a new R4 clone that says it supports DSi 1.4.3 or higher.

The last update to the DSi is 1.4.5. Any R4 clone you get will need to say it supports the DSi 1.4.5 for you to use it on a DSi 1.4.3 you got or you accidentally update your DSi and end up with 1.4.5 on it.

5. Khaleesi

Khaleesi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    Hi. I have the same problem. What did you downloaded specifically? I also got a R4i Gold V1.4. Tia :)

6. LoganVirusX

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Houston
    Dude I know im late to this but you just freakkin saved me! I thought this old ass R4 I had was never gonna work anymore.. got it all working fine. thanks man! YOu SAVED MY DAY! <3