Hacking (Help!) NRTBOOTHAX fail: I need someone to walk me through what I did wrong!

SSBrochacho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought an R4I 3DS gold plus card! specifically from
It shipped to my house and everything looked great!
I followed your youtube video
But I followed it wrong. I Installed/Flashed NRTBoothax to the 3DS gold plus but I continued on.
I found a very strong magnet and I pressed the combination (X+START+SELECT+POWER) while it was in sleep mode but to no avail.
I tried it several times but it still wouldn't work. I tried formating the two SD cards and re-transferred all the files but it still didn't work.
I formatted it once more and tried loading up the Flashcart normally but now everytime I load it up it loads a prompt saying
"Error has occured, Please press and hold the power button) <- Paraphrase but you get the idea.
what can I do?!
I know that I flashed the cart when I could've easily hit the switch but I don't know what to do at this point

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What youtube video? At least link to it or something and I doubt a youtuber would be on here like that. Everyone on here knows that video guides should never be followed for it as they are often outdated or bad. ALWAYS follow 3ds.guide.

PS: Seems like Quantumkitty ninjaed me

Reactions: Quantumcat

SSBrochacho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youtuber by the name of sthetix. His videos with 3ds.guide included introduced me into this. I followed his video wrong

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Youtuber by the name of sthetix. His videos with 3ds.guide included introduced me into this. I followed his video wrong
Again, don't follow video guides. 3ds.guide is so well written and oversimplified anyone can do it without any problems as long as they know how to read.

SSBrochacho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in the least, I'm wondering if theres a way to reset the Flashcart back to normal.
everytime I open the flashcart outside of N-Mode It still gives me an Error

GosuSan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So you have a R4i Gold Plus (which already comes with ntrboot pre-flashed) and flashed it again with ntrboot?
Afaik you'd have to flash the original content that was on there before or it won't work.
I could totally be wrong here as I'm new to this too, but that's my understanding.
So either you find a dump of the flashcarts original content or you're out of luck.
I think I've actually seen a dump of the R4i Gold Plus somewhre here on the forums.
Again, might be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.