Help me with MK7!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Gaming796, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Gaming796
    OP

Gaming796 Nintendo Switch™ ©Nintendo 2017

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    New Donk City, Super Mario Odyssey
    THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM!!!
    Here's what: I had a good old MK7 Profile, 15.9 K VR, 40K + Coins, 5000+ Wins, 3 Stars, Everything unlocked, and unbelievable Time Trial Records (not to mention, Rainbow Road: 01:40.279). Just 3 Weeks ago, I installed CTGP-7 on my 3DS by running a custom CTGP-7 romFS through HANS. I broke my Rock Rock Mountain Record by mistake and decided to undo it through a Save Data Restore using Save Manager 3DS Homebrew App. Once it completed 100% Restore, it all of sudden gave some error and the next time I boot MK7, I get this message "The Mario Kart 7 Save Data is corrupted and will now be erased." I was like "What?!!! Really!!! What the heck!!! Shit!!! NOOOOOO!". And then I redid everything, and only things remaining were: Unlock the Gold Standard and Gold Glider; Get 15,900 VR; get 40,000 Coins; and re-do Time Trials!!!! Now whenever I make a New Record, the game crashes and a black screen appears saying "An Error has occured...... and (I can't remember)"! Now I can't even make a RECORD???!!!!:ohnoes: Please, someone please help me and tell me what's up with my MK7 Copy!!! PLEASE!!!

Here's technical details of my 3DS:
    Model: New 3DS XL (BLACK USA)
    SYSTEM FIRMWARE Version: Ver. 11.0.0-33 U
    CFW: None
    EmuNAND: None
    Homebrew: Yes
    *hax payload: 2.7
    Hardmod: No
    Downgradable: HECK No
    Legit CIA Installation: No
    Un-Legit CIA Installation: NO WAY!!!

I'm pleeding for help! :cry::cry::cry: (BTW I'm new to GBATemp!)

2. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    [IGNORE]

Last edited by Gaming796, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Thaulos

Thaulos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2016
    Bedfordshire
    After reading the MK7 modpack you installed, it said "however, it can't update, nor can disable/enable custom tracks", So i can guess is that the save you restored have corrupted the game due to some possible conflicts, if the save backup is still there, i recommend you remove the mk7 then restore the game save after loading the game

EDIT: I am still new to the 3ds hacking scene so my suggestions are just my opinion.

Last edited by Thaulos, Aug 24, 2016
  4. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Are you sure. I guess you might be right. CTGP-7 might have caused it. Remember I mentioned that I accidently broke the record on Rock Rock Mountain? The ghost data musn't have matched, so it would've caused a conflict. Plus, do you have any ideas why that black screen with an error message comes when I create I time trial record?

Edit: I am including this as well: After the Data was erased, I tried restoring 2-3 Times again. But I think if I remove the CTGP-7 romFS from my SD, there might be a chance. Any 3ds hacking expert's help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Gaming796, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Ricken

Ricken So long, and goodnite / So long, not goodnite

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Try deleting your ExtData for MK7?

6. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Um... how'd you do that?

7. Ricken

Ricken So long, and goodnite / So long, not goodnite

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    System Settings -> Data Management -> Extra Data iirc

8. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    I thought I warned people about making a backup of their save data before playing -_-

Anyway, if the backup you made is correct, there shouldn't be any problems restoring it. Try deleting the save data (I think there was a button combination) and restore your backup. (Make another backup before deleting just in case). Then launch MK7 from home menu.

9. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    I'll see of that helps.

10. Imaginesafety

Imaginesafety Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    If it makes you feel better, no one really cares about Mk7 time trials anymore.

SaagiBols likes this.
  11. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    I guess you're right. I'll move on to MKWii for sometime (recently got my Wii and TV Fixed, so I guess I'll just have fun!)

12. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    That's a suitable punishment for a pirate.

Pip'

13. Thunder Hawk

Thunder Hawk Firefox Master Race

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    OP said nothing about being a pirate?

14. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    dont, just dont -__- you should know better.

15. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    SCREW YOU!!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Here's something I forgot to mention:
    Once I broke my Rock Rock Mountain Record, I boot into MK7 and nothing was wrong. I played couple of times but nothing happened. Only the save was the problem I guess.

16. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Sorry, I don't have the adequate tools to screw myself.

Pip'

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know better, but this isn't the right subforum for him to ask help for a problem related to hacking and custom crap.

Pip'

17. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    although this should be in 3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities he's new, a simple mistake is understandable under panic and he shouldn't welcomed by someone attacking him.

18. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    But when it comes to Save Data Corruption, it's counted under this subforum. CT is a different topic though.

19. Gaming796
    OP

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    FINALLY, GREAT NEWS!!! I used CTRXplorer to view the files in the saveDatabakup Folder. There, I deleted the replay & _replay folders. Remaining files were "system1.dat" and "system2.dat". After that, I booted into MK7, and as it was loading, a pressed and held A,B,Y & X simultaneously. This gave me the option to delete the MK7 Save Data forever. I deleted it, closed MK7 and rebooted my New 3DS XL. I entered the Homebrew Launcher through Menuhax 3.1 and loaded Save_manager App. I pressed B, and it restored system 1.dat & system2.dat. I pressed X button & exited the App. Then I rebooted into the Home Menu & launched MK7. And..... my Data was back (The one I backed up right before I recently deleted my Save Data). I went to Wii Mushroom Gorge, used the glitch (which I never used before) & made a new Time Trial Record!!! And it got saved instead of crashing. I FINALLY resolved at least ONE Problem!!!!

Thanks to PabloMK7 for giving me the idea to delete the Save Data & restore it again (however, I used a little extra brain and got one problem resolved!).

:):):)