Hacking help me to remember what I did with my 3ds back in 2017.

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I took the dust off The old.3ds after 3 years, and I can't remember What i Did. Cant initialize homebrew launcher, what I want.

My clue is this backup of 2017 folder:
upload_2020-9-18_16-30-9.png

Do I need to open emunand to acces homebrew?, I mean, I cant really remember, scene back there where so fast that I got lost.

Luma is like this:
upload_2020-9-18_16-32-38.png

Last edited by almmiron,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: almmiron

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@almmiron Your console has a very obsolete modification (MenuHax, apparently). Nowadays, there is a much better way to have a modified console: Boot9strap (B9S) + Luma CFW

Edit:
Anyway, is better than you make a test: try to boot your console with the SD card out from your console and pressing SELECT meanwhile.
  • If the console boot normally to the Home Menu, then continue with the rest of my message.
  • If not (console shutdown or shows the Luma menu or another text type menu), then follow the guide linked above by @Shadow#1
Then, just read and follow this guide:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Before you start to modify your console, is highly recommended you enter to the SysNand and change the Home Menu actual theme by any default theme (this will erase any trace of MenuHax on your console) and also check the FW version of the SysNand (because of that depends what method you should choose and apply to install B9S).

And when you finished, you can inject your actual EmuNand onto SysNand:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/move-emunand

Last edited by fmkid,

almmiron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks to put me in the right direction.

I'm without a sd card reader at the moment, I just want to boot homebrew launcher, but it's not anywhere, and I don't remember how to launch it.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

I'm without a sd card reader at the moment, I just want to boot homebrew launcher, but it's not anywhere, and I don't remember how to launch it.
AFAIK, to enter to Homebrew Menu having MenuHax was pressing L on boot. But I don't really remember

Can you load your actual EmuNand at least?

But, again, is highly recommended to move from obsolete haxes (like MenuHax or A9LH) to B9S

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

If you have a n3DS/n2DS you can use MicroSD management in System Settings to access the SD card as a network share. It's very slow but it works for small files.
Once you update to the latest version of Luma3DS you'll be using a different way to launch HBL, the guide explains it all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare: