[Help] Loading Emunand turns off 3ds, sysnand loads fine.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by HayatoPost, Jul 28, 2016.

1. HayatoPost
    OP

HayatoPost Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi, since I turned off my 3ds last night whenever I try to load the emunand with rxtools my 3ds just turns off, if I boot the sysnand either by rxtools or just turning on the console it's working fine.

So, I looked around and seems like if I didn't backup my emunand I have to go through the whole process of making a new one. Unless someone know why could this be happening or how to fix it, seems like it will be the route I'll take.

My other question is if I can restore my current saves once I do the new emunand? does anyone know a good app for that? I copied the files I have on my SD just in case there is something to be done about it.

Thanks in advance.

2. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    If emuNAND is still on your card, try Luma3DS and see if that works.

3. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    If an updated CFW doesn't work out then you will have to setup a new emuNAND. Restoring save a etc Idk....

4. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's Official Axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your couch
    Does the lights on your 3ds are still on but the screen? How many times have you tried to launch rxtools? If you are not an a9lh user and launch the cfw via a hax entrypoint, you should know that a cfw boot rate isnt that good and it will fail to launch sometimes.

Just keep trying, or try another cfw or hax entrypoint.

5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Sounds like you messed up badly by never making an emunand backup and you'll have to create a new one from scaratch.

Nope, the files and savegames in the SD card are encrypted and can't be read by another emunand unless you had decrypted them before or still have a valid emunand backup (which you don't).

6. HayatoPost
    OP

HayatoPost Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Mexico
    Ok, I'll try that out.

Yeah, I made a sysnand backup, but seems like I forgot to make one for the emunand too, oh well, if the Luma3DS thing fails seems like I'll be doing a new one.

the light turns off too, I know that launching from rxtools can fail sometimes but this behavior was totally different, and pretty weird tbh, since I didn't update the CFW nor installed anything new.

Thanks for your replies.