Hardware Help in getting R4i Gold Pro to work on 3ds

RedXIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
as the thread title says, I've bought a 3ds and this card and I am having some problems in getting it to work on my 3ds. I downloaded the 2013Wood R4i-Gold pro V1.52English.rar and unzipped it in the root of the memory stick. Tried the card on the 3ds and it looked like it was working, though despite having 3 games in the memory stick, just one was showing up. Tried to start it and I got a message that read as following: "Your name is *chinese writing*who made this fake clone.

Then I downloaded the 2013-01-09 R4i Gold Plus Kernel v2.9 and when I tried to start it up, I just got an error that a system file was missing. This happened also when I downloaded the 1.45 kernel from the r4i-gold website that is advertised on the package.

I've got a couple questions though:

-I've got a small doubt and I figured I'd ask before messing up something. The kernel I downloaded from r4i-gold says that is compatible with the 4.5.0-10 version, the firmware on my 3ds is 2.1.0-4E. Should I update my 3ds firmware to 4.5.0-10 or the update should work on lower firmware versions without problems?

-I've also been reading that sometimes you might need to upgrade the flash card firmware by downloading the upgrade as .nds file and then running it as if it was a game. I am getting a bit confused, should I upgrade the firmware on my flash card or not touch anything?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wood is not firmware, it's the kernel, and the kernel has nothing to do with the 3DS's firmware, DO NOT UPDATE THE 3DS.

The issue is you have a clone. There is no such thing as a "Pro" version of the R4i Gold. Wood does not support that cart. They had to hack Wood just to get it to run on your cart, and it's an old version anyways.

You should buy an actual Wood-supported cart, it'll save you a lot of trouble in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o