Hacking Help hacking old Phat model

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to make another one of those, "How do hack" posts, but I'm having trouble trying to find information.

I have an old white Phat model with Dashboard 16767. If I'm not mistaken, I might be able to do some type of dvd flash, but if there is anything I could do to enable homebrew, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What model is it.
Homebrew is extremely limited so unless you're a die hard enthusiast, I don't recommend getting into it.

If you don't care about XBLive then I'd say RGH it (you can opt for a Dual NAND but it requires more money and more knowledge, this way, you can retain both Live and homebrew)
If you do want XBLive and USB loading, go for an Xkey (no homebrew).
If you want to stick to burning backups (which is tedious and not really worth it anymore) then I say flash the DVD drive (no homebrew).

In all 3 cases, you can update the dashboard.

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What model is it.
Homebrew is extremely limited so unless you're a die hard enthusiast, I don't recommend getting into it.

If you don't care about XBLive then I'd say RGH it (you can opt for a Dual NAND but it requires more money and more knowledge, this way, you can retain both Live and homebrew)
If you do want XBLive and USB loading, go for an Xkey (no homebrew).
If you want to stick to burning backups (which is tedious and not really worth it anymore) then I say flash the DVD drive (no homebrew).

In all 3 cases, you can update the dashboard.

Thanks for the reply!

It looks like it's a pro model. It was also sent in for repairs back in 2010, so I don't know if that changes anything.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Motherboard model.
Core/Pro/Elite/Arcade are just selling names, they got nothing to do with the motherboard version inside of them.
Check the power socket and match it up with the image in me sticky about how to hack it.

I suspect it's a Zephyr (judging from the repair)
If it is, get an Xkey or DVD flash.
RGH isn't working on those (well it is but it's tedious and requires extensive tweaking, not worth it imho)

Reactions: Inexplicit

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply!

It looks like it's a pro model. It was also sent in for repairs back in 2010, so I don't know if that changes anything.

If it was sent in for warranty repairs, there's a good chance they swapped the drive out for one that's more secure. It happened to a friend of mine a while back, a few years ago he sent his RROD'D Xenon to m$ for repair and they replaced his drive with one of the lite on's that require a probe to get the key. Now obviously he's not under warranty anymore and his drive needs to be replaced, we tried to build a homemade probe and grab the key that way, but unfortunately it looks like the chip that holds the drive firmware went bad (go figure haha) so in his case the key is unattainable unless we RGH it and pull the key off his motherboard. Of course this is a unique situation, because the IC went on his, but as long as you have a probe (if it's required for your drive) you shouldn't have any issues getting the key and being able to unlock it to flash it etc.

Any chance you can open up your 360 and post the model number and brand of the disc drive? That would help us determine what you're up against....

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motherboard model.
Core/Pro/Elite/Arcade are just selling names, they got nothing to do with the motherboard version inside of them.
Check the power socket and match it up with the image in me sticky about how to hack it.

I suspect it's a Zephyr (judging from the repair)
If it is, get an Xkey or DVD flash.
RGH isn't working on those (well it is but it's tedious and requires extensive tweaking, not worth it imho)
If it was sent in for warranty repairs, there's a good chance they swapped the drive out for one that's more secure. It happened to a friend of mine a while back, a few years ago he sent his RROD'D Xenon to m$ for repair and they replaced his drive with one of the lite on's that require a probe to get the key. Now obviously he's not under warranty anymore and his drive needs to be replaced, we tried to build a homemade probe and grab the key that way, but unfortunately it looks like the chip that holds the drive firmware went bad (go figure haha) so in his case the key is unattainable unless we RGH it and pull the key off his motherboard. Of course this is a unique situation, because the IC went on his, but as long as you have a probe (if it's required for your drive) you shouldn't have any issues getting the key and being able to unlock it to flash it etc.

Any chance you can open up your 360 and post the model number and brand of the disc drive? That would help us determine what you're up against....

The xbox 360 is a Falcon and the disc drive reads: "DG-16D28-09C"

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a tough lite on (requires probe) if my memory serves me correctly... I'm on my phone right now and too lazy to try and google it lol .

So you'll either need a probe if you want to flash it (or use a drive emulator) or if that doesn't work for some oddd reason (like my friends situation) then you have to rgh it to get the key.

If you want homebrew though, RGH is the way to go. Flashing the driive or using a drive emulator will only allow you to run backups and modded games, no unsigned code aka homebrew....
The xbox 360 is a Falcon and the disc drive reads: "DG-16D28-09C"

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You won't need to RGH a phat to obtain the drive keys.
Only on later slims, unless you fucked up the DVD board.

All Liteon drives for phat require a probe as their all updated to 02510c firmware wise.

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't need to RGH a phat to obtain the drive keys.
Only on later slims, unless you fucked up the DVD board.

All Liteon drives for phat require a probe as their all updated to 02510c firmware wise.

That's a tough lite on (requires probe) if my memory serves me correctly... I'm on my phone right now and too lazy to try and google it lol .

So you'll either need a probe if you want to flash it (or use a drive emulator) or if that doesn't work for some oddd reason (like my friends situation) then you have to rgh it to get the key.

If you want homebrew though, RGH is the way to go. Flashing the driive or using a drive emulator will only allow you to run backups and modded games, no unsigned code aka homebrew....

Thanks for the help! I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy anything, but since that seems to be the only choice due to the drive, I'll leave it for now and maybe buy a probe in the future. I really appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction though!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Inexplicit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill flash it for you if you are willing to cover the postage. let me know.
Sorry for the late reply, thanks for the offer but I think I'll just wait for now. I don't really find it worth spending money for at the moment, but I'll get back to you if I change my mind. Thanks!

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help! I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy anything, but since that seems to be the only choice due to the drive, I'll leave it for now and maybe buy a probe in the future. I really appreciate you guys pointing me in the right direction though!

I actually flash them, if you need help or want to send it to me so you won't have to buy anything.. just pay me.. I'll do it for $20 cuz im feeling generous, if you want proof into the matter PM me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass