1986worldcupstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I start, complete noob here, so please be gentle
happy.gif

So I got my girlfriend a DSi XL, and a flashcard. All was working fine til she accepted an update which I gather blocks flashcards. The update was last night, but not sure what version or anything.

Do I now need a new flashcard or just some software to get round it ?

The card i have is a R4i - sdhc, and I'm in the Uk ( don't know if that makes a difference to the update or not )

Any help is greatly appreciated

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There might or might not be a udate for your cart
don't know that for sure, because I don't know which R4 sdhc you have
but I think you should get a new one anyways, one that is not a clone

1986worldcupstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by a clone ?
not sure there will be any updates for it. I just checked the website I bought it off, and it doesn't appear to be there any more.

Also, Which new one would you reccomend that would be able to get round this nintendo update ?

EDIT: this is the web address on the box it came in, I have the one in the red packet, the V1.4
http://r4i-sdhc.com/indexe.asp

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You got a clone. It would be best for you to get a new flashcard. Either a Supercard DS TWO (More expensive with more features) Or an AK2i (Cheap and reliable with good game compatibility)

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

1986worldcupstic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the shopping link, will check it out. 2-5 weeks delivery though :s

Dunno if I am running 1.4.1. I assume so seeing as my old card was 1.4 version and now it won't work. I updated yesterday, so whichever update is the most recent I guess.

Think I will go for the AK card as I don't really need or want any of the features of the DSTWO by the looks of it.

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1986worldcupstickerbook said:
Thanks for the shopping link, will check it out. 2-5 weeks delivery though :s

Dunno if I am running 1.4.1. I assume so seeing as my old card was 1.4 version and now it won't work. I updated yesterday, so whichever update is the most recent I guess.

Think I will go for the AK card as I don't really need or want any of the features of the DSTWO by the looks of it.

hey remember to buy from that link lol

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was about to start a new topic but hopefully someone will answer me here. I'm about to buy a used Nintendo DSi XL (which I assume might be updated already, who knows) and want to get a flash cart in advance. I understand there are only a few that work for the DSi? And the Acekard 2i is the best choice for something fairly cheap? is there a chance it won't work due to compatibility?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Provided the Acekard 2i has had it's firmware updated, it will work fine with the DSi XL. A few people may have contact issues, see my guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a