Hacking HELP emunand won't open black screen (Plailect Tutorial)

ironbeetle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl:dr emunand won't open black screen.Should i start Plailect part 3 over?

I used oothax to get me into homebrew and I found this guide Plailect LUMA3DS Tutorial https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
to downgrade to 9.2

All was good until I got to the part 3 RedNAND. I got Stuck on part 17. I was able to "Complete RedNAND setup" and then put everything back on my sd and open luma3ds. I launched "Start to boot RedNAND"
completed and got the home screen. It seemed too fast like it didn't do anything so i rebooted and used Menuhax but it stared to load all this code and file stuff on my 3ds then started up. I though that it was weird so I rebooted and went back to homebrew and it changed to Launch grid. I tried to start luma3DS to see if i could get back into the redNAND and all i can get was a black screen. EmuNAND is the same thing. I tried like 10 times.
I saved everything on my SD card to my computer before I tried step 3. Should I delete everything off my SD card and try again STEP 3 again? I'm scared that I changed my sysNAND when it rebooted with that code and files. What should I do I don't want to mess up my 3ds lol

ironbeetle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for helping! What part of my post is confusing?
The problem happened when I was in Luma3DS, reinserted my SD card then launched RedNAND. It immediately went to the home screen. Is there any indicator that you are in RedNAND and it worked? As soon as I selected Launch RedNANA it went to the home screen. This is why I rebooted and it started loading files on my 3DS.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menuhax is still active on rednand (i never used rednand but i assume it makes a copy of sysnand, like emunand does)
what you need to do is when booting rednand, hold L (or whatever you may have changed the trigger to) in order to skip menuhax.
the alternative is to remove the theme folders on your sd card and this will basically break menuhax all together, then you can reinstall menuhax on sysnand if its still required.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for helping! What part of my post is confusing?
The problem happened when I was in Luma3DS, reinserted my SD card then launched RedNAND. It immediately went to the home screen. Is there any indicator that you are in RedNAND and it worked? As soon as I selected Launch RedNANA it went to the home screen. This is why I rebooted and it started loading files on my 3DS.
Not sure what you mean by you were in Luma and launched RedNAND. If you were in Luma, you'd already be in RedNAND, unless you were in Luma sysNAND? You would expect to boot to the home menu when you're in RedNAND. What you can do is set a theme in sysNAND so you can tell when you boot which one you're in. I like red for sysNAND (red - stop - bad - don't update).
So anyway, as well as giving it some time before giving up, make sure you didn't lose any of the required files like luma3ds.dat etc. And try Luma 5.2 if you have no luck.

ironbeetle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the part from the guide that I was at
  1. Get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice
  2. Open Luma3DS (this can sometimes black screen, just try again)
  3. Activate "Show current NAND in System Settings"
  4. Press Start to boot RedNAND
    • You must launch Luma3DS from the Homebrew Launcher every time you want to boot RedNAND
    • Be patient, this initial boot has been reported take as long as two minutes for some users!
  5. If you boot into the home menu, you have successfully launched RedNAND
  6. Reboot into SysNAND and get into the Homebrew Launcher through the entrypoint of your choice (menuhax will always launch the Homebrew Launcher from SysNAND)
When I rebooted on step 6 and used Menuhax a bunch of code and files loaded up and it took a couple of minutes then went to the home screen. I rebooted again and used menuhax. This time i was able to get into homebrew but it looked different. Homebrew logo was replaced with Launch Grid. I click on Luma3ds and got a black screen. I tried that a bunch of times no luck.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it was steps 13-18 in the Plailect guide. in my previous post it change the numbering to 1-6.
Can I just delete everything off my SD card and try PART 3 of the guide over?

ironbeetle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ironbeetle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by you were in Luma and launched RedNAND. If you were in Luma, you'd already be in RedNAND, unless you were in Luma sysNAND? You would expect to boot to the home menu when you're in RedNAND. What you can do is set a theme in sysNAND so you can tell when you boot which one you're in. I like red for sysNAND (red - stop - bad - don't update).
So anyway, as well as giving it some time before giving up, make sure you didn't lose any of the required files like luma3ds.dat etc. And try Luma 5.2 if you have no luck.
Thank you for all your help. I figured out the problem. I just didn't understand the process of using Luma3ds. It was working the whole time.

I guess I was expecting a screen with the Luma3ds logo to pop up then start to login me into emuNAND. I was also hard to understand that when you change your themes or exit system properties it logins you out of emuNAND. I understand now and changed my sysNAND background to red like you suggested thanks again!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?