AlphaGiraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there,
Lately I've been using Spiky's DS Map Editor to export map files from Pokemon Black so that I can edit them. The editor has a very handy feature that lets you export .nsbmb files as .obj files, and I've been using this to edit the maps in Blender (a 3D modeling program) using the .obj export. However, I now need to convert these .obj files back to .nsbmd, and I'm not sure how. Is there a program I can use that will do that? I don't believe that Spiky's editor can convert the files back, but I could be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated:)

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,
Lately I've been using Spiky's DS Map Editor to export map files from Pokemon Black so that I can edit them. The editor has a very handy feature that lets you export .nsbmb files as .obj files, and I've been using this to edit the maps in Blender (a 3D modeling program) using the .obj export. However, I now need to convert these .obj files back to .nsbmd, and I'm not sure how. Is there a program I can use that will do that? I don't believe that Spiky's editor can convert the files back, but I could be wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated:)

You can use the last mkds course modifier.
Download: http://florian.nouwt.com/forum/get.php?id=1
Tutorial: http://florian.nouwt.com/wiki/index.php/Creating_a_Custom_Track/NSBMD#MKDS_Course_Modifier

AlphaGiraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This seems to be just what I need, but whenever I import my .obj and set a location for my NSMBD file I get an error saying that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your appliction", and that "Index was outside the bounds of the array". Would you know why this might be, or how to fix it?

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This seems to be just what I need, but whenever I import my .obj and set a location for my NSMBD file I get an error saying that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your appliction", and that "Index was outside the bounds of the array". Would you know why this might be, or how to fix it?

An error in your obj it seems. Try (downloading) the pro version of sketchup (I assume you used that), and use the build in exporter. And please send me your obj, mtl and textures.

AlphaGiraffe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An error in your obj it seems. Try (downloading) the pro version of sketchup (I assume you used that), and use the build in exporter. And please send me your obj, mtl and textures.

I used Blender (an open-source 3D engine) to save the modified file as a .obj. I added a new model into the obj. file, and added new textures to that model. I included the new textures in the same location as the pre-existing ones. I'm not sure what went wrong, maybe I didn't include the new textures correctly? I'll send you the files as soon as I can. Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-