OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spamzilla.unaux.com
XP
Country
United States
The game has leaked and I want to be right on top of ripping the models and animations. The romFS can be dumped with Yuzu and the .bundle files can be viewed somewhat in AssetStudioGUI. Texture2D entries are scrambled but meshes can be exported as .obj and easily into Blender where the UV mapping stays intact. The animations though I cannot say as I don't really know this program having only picked it up a couple days ago. Could anybody provide any information on how to dump the model animations?

Attachments

• Asset Studio Mario.png
    Asset Studio Mario.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: SylverReZ

Engineer_Gaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what I found that worked was instead of using AssetStudio I used Asset Ripper, it should allow you to import them into unity. Along with that it also has the prefab files that have the rig and model together. The only problem that I encountered was the textures, as you said they are all messed up, I have tried searching all over the internet to find a solution on it.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has leaked and I want to be right on top of ripping the models and animations. The romFS can be dumped with Yuzu and the .bundle files can be viewed somewhat in AssetStudioGUI. Texture2D entries are scrambled but meshes can be exported as .obj and easily into Blender where the UV mapping stays intact. The animations though I cannot say as I don't really know this program having only picked it up a couple days ago. Could anybody provide any information on how to dump the model animations?
Thanks for sharing! I've been thinking about printing out some of the mushroom models from this game. Now I can convert the actual obj

Is this the version of AssetStudio that you're using? https://github.com/zhangjiequan/AssetStudio/releases/tag/v0.16.49
Post automatically merged:

EDIT: looks like that is the program. Here is mario in my 3d printers slicer
1699825113050.png

Last edited by TheStonedModder,

SubZeroBR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was messing with game files yesterday, as I wanted to translate the entire game to Brazilian Portuguese. I found all text related files in data_tbl and lang folders, files are named like message_eng, message_fra etc. I can open the .tbl files and see all game text inside, but they are a garbled mess with padding and binary codes. If there's a way to convert such tbl files to plaintext (or something like an excel table) and back, that would help me GREATLY. Any tips on what I can use to convert/decompile/reorganize such text files?

Last edited by SubZeroBR,

Spamzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spamzilla.unaux.com
XP
Country
United States
With a bit of key info from the AssetStudio github I was able to figure this out. It is simply matter of selecting the proper entries in the "Scene Hierarchy" and "Asset List" tabs then using the "Export selected objects (split) + selected AnimationClips" menu item. You will get an animated .FBX . Skins are still scrambled though so maybe more on that later. I was able to extract Mario's jump sequence as in the picture:

SMRPG Extract.png

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could you inject new characters into the game?

PaperSplash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing with game files yesterday, as I wanted to translate the entire game to Brazilian Portuguese. I found all text related files in data_tbl and lang folders, files are named like message_eng, message_fra etc. I can open the .tbl files and see all game text inside, but they are a garbled mess with padding and binary codes. If there's a way to convert such tbl files to plaintext (or something like an excel table) and back, that would help me GREATLY. Any tips on what I can use to convert/decompile/reorganize such text files?
I would like to know this as well.

Spamzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spamzilla.unaux.com
XP
Country
United States

Could you inject new characters into the game?

Can we keep this thread on topic please? The issue at hand here is that the model skins appear to be in some unknown format.

• Wow

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Worldblender,

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Haha
Reactions: PaperSplash

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's a link to the actual build, with both source code and binaries:
Can you tell me exactly how this build didn't work for you? I may be able to help?

It says it can't load any of the objects from the game. I also tried disabling the error messages and let it idle for half an hour and it just eats up all my RAM doing nothing.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says it can't load any of the objects from the game. I also tried disabling the error messages and let it idle for half an hour and it just eats up all my RAM doing nothing.
Does it prompt about the Unity version being stripped? If so, enter the following version in Options -> Specify Unity version: 2021.3.15f1

Spamzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spamzilla.unaux.com
XP
Country
United States
This is the fork of AssetStudio I use for ripping: https://github.com/nesrak1/AssetStudio
It has added support to deswizzle Nintendo Switch textures. Let me know if I can be of more help.
The compiled build of this fork can be found inside (among my other raw rips) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17wQuea4RDFMI7JXkWGi4_UELAHLq_M8n?usp=sharing
Thank you for linking this custom build. I was able to get Mario (as a test) into gzdoom needing only some UV correction in the eyes.

Attachments

• Mario Test.png
    Mario Test.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Worldblender

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for linking this custom build. I was able to get Mario (as a test) into gzdoom needing only some UV correction in the eyes.
You're welcome. Glad I could help out once more. You were able to open the game files without manually specifying the Unity version? Or did you have to anyways?

Spamzilla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
spamzilla.unaux.com
XP
Country
United States
I've run into another problem with these assets. Some of the models have a second mesh in them and the rigging isn't working properly. Even though the rigging is there, I cannot get it to connect. This picture of the FatSo illustrates this. The bones in front of the face are clearly supposed to control the face. I'm sure the issue has a simple answer but I can't figure it out.

SMRPG Extract FatSo-Head.png

You're welcome. Glad I could help out once more. You were able to open the game files without manually specifying the Unity version? Or did you have to anyways?

I didn't have to specify the version number. Everything loaded without a problem.

Worldblender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've run into another problem with these assets. Some of the models have a second mesh in them and the rigging isn't working properly. Even though the rigging is there, I cannot get it to connect. This picture of the FatSo illustrates this. The bones in front of the face are clearly supposed to control the face. I'm sure the issue has a simple answer but I can't figure it out.

I didn't have to specify the version number. Everything loaded without a problem.
It's good that you were able to load the assets without specifying the version number, and I did mean to say this earlier, but some shaders in a few of the files did throw errors for me (I have the 'show error messages option' checked).

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to working with the 3D assets, but I have heard off of the VG Resource Discord server that someone else is working on the 3D models. Maybe you can wait a little bit until they're submitted to the Models Resource website?
BTW, I'm working on the 2D assets that which can now be found at https://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo_switch/supermariorpg/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...